Testing... guitar in progress

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Awesome work; you should put the GOTM pics in this thread just to close'er up!

I love the body shape. It's a lot like the Schecter 006, which is one of my favourite bodies ever. I'm surprised fewer people are doing that style, but it means you get to carve out your own special niche. :D I forgot to add a 006-like shape to my other thread in which I list guitars I'd like to build. :D

Very classy, very well executed.

Greg

Awesome work; you should put the GOTM pics in this thread just to close'er up!

I love the body shape.  It's a lot like the Schecter 006, which is one of my favourite bodies ever.  I'm surprised fewer people are doing that style, but it means you get to carve out your own special niche.  :D  I forgot to add a 006-like shape to my other thread in which I list guitars I'd like to build.  :D

Very classy, very well executed.

Greg

Thanks! Glad you like it. There's a few boogers here and there, but overall I'm happy with it. Here's the pics:

front3.jpg

Body shot

Back

Back closeup

Front again

Hey GregP, I also like the 006... even the Avenger. I like most of the Schecter body styles -they're unique.

Of course, taste is subjective, but I think it's the front that makes the guitar. Laminated neck-through wood patterns are AWESOME and I love them, but it's not every day you see a piece of wood like the one on the front. Great choice using one pickup to accent that round 'diseased' part. :D

Greg

Yeah that is very tasteful wood use and selection. Your guitar has extremely unique feel to it. I'm sure she has an awesome sound too. The string ferules, brigde, and single pickup arrangment really give a "roundness" to the face. I like also how you placed the input jack on the control cavity cover. And the all wood cover is also an excellent choice. Oh yeah and love the clear natural finsh and multiple neck laminates. Keep 'em comin' man, i would love to see that body style repeated.

Yeah that is very tasteful wood use and selection. Your guitar has extremely unique feel to it. I'm sure she has an awesome sound too. The string ferules, brigde, and single pickup arrangment really give a "roundness" to the face. I like also how you placed the input jack on the control cavity cover. And the all wood cover is also an excellent choice. Oh yeah and love the clear natural finsh and multiple neck laminates. Keep 'em comin' man, i would love to see that body style repeated.

Yeah, it's amazing how it sustains. Just keeps ringin'! If I ever figure out how to do it, I'll record it and post an mp3 or wav.

Hopefully, you will see another in the near future. I am working on a similar one for a client right now. Same body style with a burl Maple top which will be transparent purple. Purpleheart center lam on the neck. Here's a CAD rendering of it:

jamiesguitaralias2.jpg

Took you long enough to get this beauty in the GOTM.

Sneaky guy, not even an update and suddenly BOOM!!! it's in the GOTM.

Sorry, I did it out of order. :D

I just missed entering last month by a few days and then I went on vacation. Promise to do better next time. :D

Let me reiterate: I, toddler68 do solemnly swear that my next guitar (if in fact it is a laminated neck-thru with cap) will feature capped wings only: the laminations will be visible from both sides of the body! So help me Dog. :D Maybe I'll even go so far as to run a lamination or two through the fretboard! :D

I am working on a similar one for a client right now. Same body style with a burl Maple top which will be transparent purple. Purpleheart center lam on the neck.

Cough Cough, Going back on your word are we?

Awesome looking axe! it might be just me, but is the laminate front out of centre? That Burl pattern looks lower than centre. I understand youre hands are tied in regards to the size of the laminate. Shame you cant see the moose anymore!

I Love it tho. Truly an inspiring piece

Let me reiterate: I, toddler68 do solemnly swear that my next guitar (if in fact it is a laminated neck-thru with cap) will feature capped wings only: the laminations will be visible from both sides of the body! So help me Dog. :D Maybe I'll even go so far as to run a lamination or two through the fretboard! B)

I am working on a similar one for a client right now. Same body style with a burl Maple top which will be transparent purple. Purpleheart center lam on the neck.

Cough Cough, Going back on your word are we?

Awesome looking axe! it might be just me, but is the laminate front out of centre? That Burl pattern looks lower than centre. I understand youre hands are tied in regards to the size of the laminate. Shame you cant see the moose anymore!

I Love it tho. Truly an inspiring piece

Yeah, it's funny how your priorities change when someone else is footing the bill. I think I meant the next guitar I build for myself :D

And yes, the burl cap is off center for some reason. I can't explain it, but it doesn't really bother me. I noticed it awhile back and was just waiting for someone to bring it up. You guys don't miss a trick! :D