Building JS-7 copy

RGGR

Very nice! I definately like that finish! I think going out on your own for the next one would be a cool idea as well. Even if you are not the best "artist" think about how many attempts to perfect you could try inside of 8 months, you figure you'd be bound to end up with one you really like and it would be all your own work. As you mentioned there are a few things you might have tweaked a bit, which is the basis for PG, so my vote for the next one is a master piece by RGGR!

Anyhow, this one does look just amazing! I can't wait to see it all strung up and rippin'. Best of luck. J

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you are not the best "artist" think about how many attempts to perfect you could try inside of 8 months, you figure you'd be bound to end up with one you really like and it would be all your own work.

When starting this guitar I didn't see the point investing in painting equipment. Now with multiple guitars in the work......it slowly starts to make sense.....

As you mentioned there are a few things you might have tweaked a bit, which is the basis for PG, so my vote for the next one is a master piece by RGGR!

Maybe I'm just a control freak......like to have control over project from beginning to the end. The painting part probably has to become part of this.

And for a first attempt at guitar building I think it has turned out like one badass guitar. :D

When starting this guitar I didn't see the point investing in painting equipment. Now with multiple guitars in the work......it slowly starts to make sense.....

I definately think so! Your guitar looks very nice aside from the painting I mean, your work is very well done. I think it would be worth it to have your own spraying setup, especially considering you have more on the way. Just my opinion though.

Maybe I'm just a control freak......like to have control over project from beginning to the end. The painting part probably has to become part of this.

I hear ya on this! I definately prefer having "creative control". I don't see it as being a control freak, the way I look at it is: this is your art and in creating your art you don't really want someone elses interpretation involved. Even if you must have someone elses help you would prefer it to follow your ideas. I think that is how art should work anyway, so I don't see that as being a control freak. Building guitars is definately an art, even though much of it is technical skill it is still artistry to me.

And for a first attempt at guitar building I think it has turned out like one badass guitar. :D

HELL YA!! :D

Nice flames, I took forever but it is very nice...

I have seen many guitars with flames on them.....but non of them worked for me. And as big fan of 50s type flames......I stole these from picture of a back fender of a custom bike. I adapted them a little to work on the guitar.

Flames turned out a little darked then instructed.......personally I was shooting for more ghost flame appearance.

For painter it was pain in the butt getting these flames exactly like instructed. Like he told me: "I can do 2-3 bike gas tanks with flames in a day......right side, left side....done. But this guitar.....it was a pain in the butt getting the flames to match.....and flowing nicely around the tremolo and pickup rings."

I personally think he did a good job laying them out.

I think that the back would be better with flames on it too, I think that the "abstract" thing doesn't mix with the

flames, but how many times are you going to look at the back while playing.....

See here we enter the part I wasn't so happy with when I got the guitar back. A year ago (mind you!!!)....I had instructed the painter to let the back blob (as to call it....) to flow to front of the guitar. Meaning the line coming from the flame would flow on the back of the guitar backwards onto the blob. Not with the abstract points flowing forwards. This is the painters "abstract" imput.

CIMG4098.jpg

When I got the JS-7 back I was like hmmmmm........... B)

Realizing that in future I need to learn how to paint so I have full control over the whole process, and not have some painter put his creative touch on MY guitar.

Having said that is........it somehow has grown on me already........ The darked flames, the abstact points in relation to the flames and the JS-shape.

Projects in the works will be less difficult paint wise.....so painter should be okay on this.

The Axxion will be black metallic.....so no worries there.

RGT-7 will be stained with final coat of clear. And the 540Pvii will be Ibanez Desert Yellow.......so all solid colors.

Currently in process getting JS-7 ready. Suddenly everyone with a sharp object in 3-5 ft of the guitar becomes an immenent enemy. :D

All in all for a first guitar it's not a bad effort, I guess. :D

Edited by RGGR

I haven't been here for quite a while... The reason I come once in a few months is to chek the progress on this guitar (and another RG neck-through:))... All I can say - W O W ! ! ! Is there a blueprint in Download Section of this guitar? Anyway, man, congrats!

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Here you go

Link

Thanx!

mullmuzzler | OSSMT