September Guitar of the Month

Which one will make the Home Page  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for bassey's tiger burst

Im a real sucker for basses, and he loaded that thing up with a lightwave system, and that must have been a bitch to do, so he got my vote.

But I was very close to pushing the button for guitar maestro. He got plenty of votes anyway.

Great job to all.

I really had no choice but to vote for Marcel - I told him several times that he needed to tone down his plans, stick with inexpensive wood and simple hardware, because his first guitar wouldn't be the dream machine he was anticpating.

Given how *totally* wrong he proved me, what else can I do!?

That said, I really dig the Tigger bass, and Matt's strat is stunning. Great show this month...

I was absolutely ripped right down the middle with GM and GF, they both deserve to win.

VERY tough choice.

Both are total winners, glad I wasn't competing this month, I would have had my arse handed to me. :D

thanks Drak, but don't underestimate yourself, your a Double Winner. If I enter my next guitar I can become Double Loser.. haha B)

That strat made my view of strats in general do a complete 180 degree turn. It showed me that a strat can be nice, and that's why it got my vote. GM, great guitar, too!

All of the entries deserved to win, but alas, only one can!

PS It was the black grainfiller on ash that really clenched it for me.

Damn....I clicked to "view results" and THEN realized that this will result in a null vote.

I would have had a hard time deciding anyway. The bass is so unique and cool and Frenzys Strat is just such a flawless and perfect Strat with a cool finish and I love Strats.

Thanks ALOT btw. for all the votes I got so far. It was my first built and I was MUCH more work then I expected, although I already expected it to take quite some time.

Both are total winners, glad I wasn't competing this month, I would have had my arse handed to me.

Lol....you would have won as always as you are the master on these boards. I am quite happy to hear that from you though. THANKS!

GuitarMaestro, I knew it was gonna be hard to beat that guitar, great job on it. You did an excellent job and deserve to win. I'm actually suprised that the Strat got as many votes as it did, since most people hate Strats on this forum. Thanks for all the votes everyone, even though most of them was for the pictorial.. lol I'm gonna be giving away some stuff to the people who voted for me, just to show my appreciation, in the next couple of weeks.. so look for a pm.

I had to go with Frenzy's strat, 'cause I followed the tutorial and saw that it didn't have anything funny going on, like you never know with an average "home brew" . It was like the guy had his own micro factory. Something you'd want to see if you had to order a custom built guitar. If you saw it from the "inside" like that, you'd see more than a high-gloss finish in the end. You'd be comfortable with what you had seen under that finish, under that pickguard, and inside the neck pocket.

I voted a while ago but didn't put any remarks because this was so close, I couldn't think of what to say.. (speechless) ... anyway, I just like to say that I went with Guitarfrenzy strat, because I know how painstakinly (somebody correct this since I don't know if its spelled correct)it was to make, he measure, and remeasure and then again, so I know this is as good as it gets, I loved the bass, couldn't get my eyes of it, and guitarmaestro's guitar is awsome, specialy for a first one. There were 1 minor flaw (not a flaw but I had to look at the whole package before voting) with the other 2 so frenzy got it. Great work guys and keep them coming I enjoy seen them been built, and by this I know what to do and what not to.

Maiden69,.. that's what we are all here to do is learn and get better at the craft of building. Just when you think you know it all, then your in trouble. It's great to see that there are others out there building great instruments, each one is inspiring. When you've built a guitar all the way through, when you string it up and play it, it's like the best feeling in the world when you hear the instrument you've labored over come to life.. I hope each and everyone of you experience that feeling firsthand. It's addictive after that point though.. lol If there is one thing that can make your guitars great, I would say number one is planning... You can't hit a target you can't see now can you?