Guitar of the Month for November

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 23rd of October then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There will be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Entering Custom made guitar by Jan Maes

Click here to see this beauty

Specifications

Body species: Ash

color: white RAL 9010

Neck species: Maple

neck joint: bolt on

neck joint location: 16th fret

radius: 9.5" (241 mm)

finish: Polyurethane

Fingerboard species: Rosewood

scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)

frets: 21 scalloped frets: 12-21

width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)

Hardware

machine heads: Grover locking tuners

bridge: Chrome

Electronics

bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails

controls: one volume, one tone, coil split

Strings: d'Addario .010-.046

Entering my from scratch bass again.

b5.jpg

Click the headstock for more pics

See this instrument being built

Specs

Two piece Walnut body

Black Mahogany dye stain with 25% sheen lacquer on body

Five piece Maple/Merbau/Maple/Merbau/Maple neck

Hot Rod truss rod

Ebony fingerboard

Brass side dots to match gold hardware

Polimerized tung oil on neck

Bolt-on neck w\ ferrules

Bridge from Custom Shop Parts

All other hardware from Allparts

Allparts humbucker pickup

Volume/treble boost push/pull, tone, series/split/parallel mini switch

Tusq nut

I'd like to enter my newest build:

apbody.jpg

Specs:

Chambered body from Padauk/Poplar/Chestnut

Carvin Maple Neck w/Ebony fretboard & Ebony headstock overlay

Sperzel Tuners

Carvin C-22 Humbuckers

Active/Passive electronics - w/coil splits & phasing

Graphtech Ghost piezo saddles w/preamp

Birdseye Maple TRC

An incredible variety of sounds is available from the guitar - especially when connected to both a guitar amp & acoustic amp.

More details at: Active/Passive/Piezo

and a full image:

apfront.jpg

Rich

here is the first instrument that I built... from scratch- orginal design

My Webpage

hidden from above neck thru- 7 piece bubinga and purple heart

top- big leaf quilted maple

body wings core- mahogany

back of body- bubinga

fretboard- rosewood

hand turned knobs- amboyna burl

pickups- seymour duncan basslines- active JJ- with extra wide spcaing between the two of them

eq- actvive 3 band seymour duncan with slap contour switch (however, this is not

a slappers bass)

scale- 34.5"

headless ABM hardware

finish- no stains- only a special blend of boiled linseed oil, tung oil and polyeurathane

Lex, your bass is pretty sweet looking,

PEace,

Ryan

The Nebula:

Discussion thread Here

This is technically my first guitar (I built another one to test a pickup concept). I am 14 (but don't let that influence your voting). The only help my dad gave me was making one cut with a table saw (we ended up blowing out a fuse because of the load), and planing down one board (on our jointer :D ). This took five weeks.

body1s.jpg

http://staticline.drastic-creations.com/guitar/front3s.jpg

http://staticline.drastic-creations.com/guitar/back2s.jpg

Click Here For More Pictures/Info

Technical Info:

Body:

* Chambered 5/8" Quilted Maple Top (with embedded pickup)

* Chambered 5/8" Lacewood Back

* Total Body Width is 1 1/8" (VERY THIN!)

* Neck Thru Construction (Maple Neck)

* Soloist Style Neck Joint

* Weights 4.75 Pounds (VERY LIGHT!)

Neck (bought from Carvin):

* 24 Fret

* 25" Scale

* Ebony Fingerboard

* Maple Neck

* Two Graphite Reinforcement Bars

* Two Way Truss Rod

* 11 Degree Headstock Angle (non scarf-joint)

* 1.71" Width At 1st Fret

* Side Fret Markers (but no front fret-markers)

* Graphite Nut

* Thin profile

Headstock:

* Carvin Premium Tuners (soon to be replaced with Steinberger Gearless Tuners)

* Removable Quilted Maple Veneer (covers up truss rod)

Electronics:

* Embedded Bill Lawrence L-500XL (in bridge position)

* Push Pull 500k Volume/Tone (0.050 microfarad) Knob

* Carvin Premium Side-Mount Output Jack

Hardware:

* Tusq Acoustic Saddle

* String-Thru Construction

* Embedded Jim Dunlop Strap Locks

Finish:

*Danish Oil Stain

*Satin lacquer

Notes:

This guitar's pickup is embedded about 1/4" away from the strings. The hot pickup yields a sharp attack with full range and singing sustain. The chambered body makes for a clear acoustic-like tone while on the clean channel. Think Jimmy Page style sound, but with lots of distortion, a very crisp metal tone. The guitar is very light and thin, making it easy to play. The action is very low, as well as the intonation, but it is hard to adjust, as the saddle has no movement. The single knob is a volume knob in the down position, and a flexible tone knob in the up position. The volume knob doesn't bleed treble, but the tone knob is very useful in rolling off the searing metal tone and attack of the pickup.

Rock On,

Ryan

Edited by mushy the shroom

(MODs- If I violated any picture rules, PLEASE tell me!)

They shouldn't need to, it's in this forum section that the picture rules are posted :D

Posting Of Pictures:

- ALL pics are to be no more than 600 pixels, on ANY side.

- ONE PIC PER POST., except in the Tutorial sections, where you are allowed up to 10 pics per post.

- All subsequent (following) pics in a post are to be linked. DO NOT USE THE "IMG" TAG for pics 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

:D Oh well mushy...you won't do it again...whatever it was...(I missed it)!

Nice one....you really like to challenge those traditional ideas don't you...and the simplicity of the bridge(although non-adjustable), actually suits it. (It's used on most acoustics after all!)

So tell me...how does the veneer come off...are we talking (headstock here)...is there no way to the electronics (not that you need it)?

psw

I don't think we're supposed to be posting here, so if a MOD wants to clean up this thread, most of theis info is in my thread in the Finished Work sub-Forum. Anyway, Psw, the bridge can be adjusted withen an 1/8th of an inch intonation wise, and the action can be raised/lowered with the use of shims/sanding. It's harder than normal bridges, but can be done The electronics are permanently sealed, but if I ever needed to get to them, I guess I could cut the panel of lacewood below the electronics off and screw it back on if I needed to, but it would be hard to do. As for the headstock, the veneer isn't glued on, so if you remove the washers/ferrules that hold the tuners to the head (not the set-screw), the veneer can be lifted off. Those ferrules are what's holding the headstock veneer on.

ADMIN EDIT- If you know it's a breakage of the rules, then don't proceed to break them.

Mushy- instead of posting an answer, simply direct folks to the thread where it's ok to reply.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=11517&hl=

EDIT: OK, sorry!

Edited by mushy the shroom

Noting like a little pre-competition controversy to get the crowd wound up.

ANNCR: "Some people are claiming that this will have an effect on the outcome of this competition, but the seasoned veterans here at WPGF feel like this can still be a fair fight. We'll continue to follow this story as it progesses."

Finally done, for the time being. Shortly after taking these pictures I had a little accident with the guitar. Dinged it up against the corner of my desk and made a nice crack, about 3" long, on the front alongside the control knobs. Oh well, fixing it properly would require stripping it all down and refinishing. But I'll try to "match up" the area with the surrounding grain first.

Top7.jpg

Top4.jpg

Inlay2.jpg

Top5.jpg

Built from scratch out of Honduras mahogany. Back of neck and top stained bluegreen w/ black burst and automotive "rattlecan" clear laquer. When moving it around the top shimmers between the stain and the natural wood colors. Back is painted black laquer. Stainless pickguard, truss rod cover and control plate. The truss rod cover and pickguard have been dremel polished, freehand, to give a swirly, "fishscale" pattern. Its hard to take pictures of this guitar because of the deep, dark top colors and the shiny parts.

Heres some more pictures. A few from early stages of construction.

http://www.imageshack.us/v_images.php

Specs

My own neckthru design which incorporates the neck block INSIDE of the body wings. Neck block also incorporates the bridge mounts, got good sustain. :D

Shortened headstock to 5 1/2", 13 deg. scarf joint. 3 degree neck angle. Chunky neck this time. I like wider at the top for more bending/vibrato room. Measures 2 3/8" at the 24th fret rather than the usual 2 -1/8" down to 1 5/8" nut.

Bi-flex "Hotrod" truss rod

Preslotted/radiused rosewood fretboard, short scale (24 3/4")

24 frets - last two frets are left over jumbos from another job.

2- Golden Age overwound humbuckers

TOM style Schaller roller bridge

Grover full size tuners 3/3

1 vol, 1 tone. 1 3-way switch

Can't see where to plug in? B) Try the rear strap button.

Blue - stained abalone "large" inlay dots.

Weighs 7.5 lbs

What more can I say? I'm still trying to decide between using poly or laquer, stain job or natural for my next project (whatever the hell that will be). Each has its merits. This guitar plays very nice, basic design for an SG, well balanced.

Edited by Southpa

Hello everyone, introducing Baphomet - made from scratch (exept for the CARVIN neck-through blank).

b008resiz.jpg

For me it's my first project (the design and inlay work is mine). My boyfriend did all that amazing job at putting everything together (he's been building guitars for a long time as a hobby, mostly for his friends, but now we are trying to go into business together).

Anyways, specs:

Body: combination mahogany, ebony and purpleheart with a hard maple top. Inlay: shell and marquetry

Neck: maple with ebony fingerboard

Pickups: EMG 81 and 85

Tremolo: Floyd Rose

>Locking belt straps

>12th fret inlay says "Baphomet"

Ask me if you have any more questions about it.

BTW, all the inlay and marquetry was cut out by hand NO CNC ROUTERS - those things have no soul!!! he-he

You can also read a little history and see much more pics on our our website

OK, let the best guitar win..:D

Anastasia