Agile Guitars

PerryL

Doods,

Got my agile last week. Its an AL3000. I wanted to wait a bit and get a feel for it before i posted my thoughts. I ended up getting the new color (heritage cherry). With the exception of a few spots in the binding, it is perfect. If people want, I'm gonna post a review of it compared to my buddy's gibson special, a gibson nighthawk, and my dillion 500x when i get back to college on the 20th. So let me know if anyone wants and I will. Peace. Happy Holidays.

-Vadim

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that first one looks really terrible man. There was one thats not on there site anymore, i thought it looked pretty cool - pretty big too! I'd like to modify it to be a normal V and keep the bottom the same.

agile

-Jamie

It screamed Ace Frehley at me

same here, i love it. I want to but one and try to replicate the pickup smoke thingy :D

if only i could figure that "thingy" out :DB)

He made a fake pickup and put smoke bombs in it, i have no idea how he lit them though.

It screamed Ace Frehley at me

same here, i love it. I want to but one and try to replicate the pickup smoke thingy :D

if only i could figure that "thingy" out :DB)

He made a fake pickup and put smoke bombs in it, i have no idea how he lit them though.

yea, me know that, i just dont know how they were lit, thats all.

The pickup had a trap door in it. the door fell when the button was pushed (one of the unused pots) and lit the homemade smokebomb and lit up a halogen light. However, it still catches fire Perviously he just had it in the control cavity with the fuse hanging out. Watch early vids of "She". You can see him use a bic lighter. I think the Alive (Cobo Hall, 1975) has the shot I am thinking of. Cant find a shot now. The other pots were running a ribbon cable through the neck that lit the rockets. It is primarily his black 3 pickup 1960 custom he did that with. On the cover of Alive!it only had the pickup Larry Dimarzio made for him....what would become the Super Distortion.....

Pic of early Smoker

Article from Gibson

Excellent article

I'll do a full review on my KISS guitar.....and all its stages.

gg3bobk14dk.jpg

Looks like a Bastard V or a Beast that Paul Stanley molested. :D

Edited by litchfield

The pickup had a trap door in it. the door fell when the button was pushed (one of the unused pots) and lit the homemade smokebomb and lit up a halogen light. However, it still catches fire Perviously he just had it in the control cavity with the fuse hanging out. Watch early vids of "She". You can see him use a bic lighter. I think the Alive (Cobo Hall, 1975) has the shot I am thinking of. Cant find a shot now. The other pots were running a ribbon cable through the neck that lit the rockets. It is primarily his black 3 pickup 1960 custom he did that with. On the cover of Alive! it only had the pickup Larry Dimarzio made for him....what would become the Super Distortion.....

thought you might know :D

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I know this thread has been around for a long while, but since they're not out on the scene i guess its okay :D...

Anyways I tried today an Agile AL-2800 similar to this one, in black. They don't make the AL-2800 anymore with ebony it seems. It was in a used guitar store near where I live going for about 450 CDN. I tried it out and it's a really nice guitar. Heavy as any other les paul. I would like to try it on my amp however to see if I would really consider buying one and test all its qualities out however out of the guitars I have tried it's in the "Good" section, where only a few are sitting right now in my head haha. The only thing I would change is the abalone. Abalone looks okay when in dot format but anything bigger just makes me want to yak. Judging from the binding on this Agile, they seem to do it like PRS where it's a wood binding. I also found that ebony is not brighter sounding than rosewood IMO (however its hard for me to compare since I had to keep the volume low for the people on the phone in the store, pfft), I did find that ebony is a bit clearer sounding than rosewood but then again i'm not EXACTLY sure. I found the ebony did have a longer sustain and carried the lows really nice (i love the lows lol). The pickups on this guitar did sound great and carried the lows really well. In the end I think this is a guitar, or guitar brand you should give a try, especially since at this moment they're so affordable. I am going to try and borrow/rent the guitar that way I can have it here in my house with my setup and compare.

-Jamie

i bought a jbass from them (my first) a november before last and was so impressed with it i bought an agile al2500 in blue flame. after fixing that bass up, i decided to sell it and buy a brice 6 string bass. once again, very impressed. so a month ago i venture out and buy the sx stl50 (my tele). while the finish is good, the frets were real bad not to mention the stock components. i had to replace the tuners (the things couldnt stay in tune after the slightest bend) and even saddles. of course i replaced all the electronics and my PUPs are on the way. it was obviously a $110 guitar and i value it at about that much. however my other ones, i feel, are worth more than what i paid for them.. i think the threadstarter just got one hell of a lemon

yeah i hear ya. sometimes you just get a bad guitar though too. Just like how a few people are saying some of the epiphones are looking/feeling better than some of the Gibsons lol.

-Jamie

my friends epi g-400 feels and sounds better than the Gib. SG 61 reissue. The Gibson SGs cherry wasnt as cherry, it had a clapton style neck and the pickups were so damn bright! like looking at the sun with a magnifying glass! lol