Rq : LED inlay, How?

yeah vh i loved the music.i don't know if the record companies nowadays would support a band long enough to give them a chance anymore.they want the big return with minimum investment.i am so sick of every song on the radio sounding like it belongs on a movie soundtrack.

sorry rye about straying off the topic but i had to.

by the way vh what makes you think it's going to get better?i would love to have a reason to be hopeful.i NEED some good new career bands to listen to.

oh it is getting better.....we've had some conversations with some label reps, oh sometime middle of last year......all of the major labels are making the move back to arena rock...the thing that all these boy bands or one hit wonders were missing were the huge concert sales and a dependent following that rock had...they want that all back......last years summer tours of the hair band tour(hair days?) and some other rock groups were put together by some of the labels to test the waters....at the time they projected this summer as the major overhaul....and it seems to be starting....look at all the rock video shows now on: headbangers ball, metal mania, uranium....practically everything is rock oriented now.......it may take awhile for it to evolve into what we all grew up on, but it will and probably soon

WAIT A SECOND!!!

Record companies are actually thinking about signin people who have musical tallent??????

What a novel concept!

I hope the tides turn, cuz I can't listen to ANY more of the crap that is on the radio!

By the way, If anyone wants to check out some "old school" chops with a modern twist, you have to get the BUTCH WALKER CD (Left of Self Centered)

Good songwriting as well...

Think "power-pop" with chops! (Cheap Trick, Queen, Jellyfish, you get the idea!)

It is the ONLY CD that has been releasedin the past year that I listen to.

It's worth the purchase!

Dave

hey guys , sorry my band isnt the hair band type but were not the norm either. check us out at www.rootedmusic.com and let me know what you think. we are gonna record soon, we need to our newer stuff is more progressive its kinda TOOL meets chevelle with a little pearl jam.

its going over great at all our shows .

i try not to right stuff that sounds like your tipical pop crap thats out there right now but youlle have to take my word for it because we need to record the stuff first! :D

Hey Rye-

Propaganda is SWEET! :D The screaming vocals is what I like about it. It's like you want to be heavy, but actually have talent. I was asked to play with a band about two weeks ago. I was talking to the singer and he just screams. Anyone could do it. He wasn't supporting it or anything, and he was hurting himself. I asked if he had is own equipment and he said yeah. He had a Radio Shack mic that wouldn't work all the time. I decided not to join.

hey thanks for the complement, a lot of people like that one. my songs are all writen out of emotion so all my songs are diferent some are sad and some are out of frustration like that one. but i try to spin things around to be able to find a possitive light that we can reach for.

keep checkin our site, hopefully we will be recording soon! :D

back to the topic,

how hard would it be to make them blinking leds?

and what if you attached a potientiometer to it, and made the blinking time variable!

that'd be sweet! you could set the leds to blink at the same bpm as the drums in different songs. :D

back to the topic,

how hard would it be to make them blinking leds?

and what if you attached a potientiometer to it, and made the blinking time variable!

that'd be sweet! you could set the leds to blink at the same bpm as the drums in different songs. B)

Click here, then click on LED Units...........

It will change to the sound :D

I'm actually breadboarding my design now to make them blink with a potentiometer. If you read the Electronics forum, I wanted a potentiometer with a switch in it. I could adjust the blinking with the pot, or I could use the switch and make them stay on. The best I could find is push/pull pot with a DPDT switch from StewMac for $10.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not that I am capable or willing to do this but... for those handy with a drill and who like neck binding...what if you bound the fretboard, but before putting on the binding, drilled a hole from the edge of the fingerboad to the center of your inlay and slipped either the led or fiber optics through that hole. Then you could run a channel on the back side of your binding and run the wires in that channel down to the neck pickup or something. Is this possible? Wouldn't this alleviate the removing of the fretboard? I think you'd just have to have clear plastic inlays tho.

ok heres my question i guess before i wasn't really a question but here goes,

1) How hard is it to unbind a Fret Board (like undo it from the neck)?

2) If you take the Truss Rod out will it make a difference?

3) Are Truss Rods realitivly hard to take out?

4) What Size LED's are needed to fill the spot of a norm. size Dot Inlay?

5) If you use a 3 way swich will bi color (red/green) Leds work?

6) Does anyone no any colors of leds (i.e. a list of colors and a site to get them from)

#5 explaned,

there are leds called bi color meaning two colors in one led, there are to types of bi color led's one has three prongs and one has two prongs, the one you would probaly want to use would be two prongs the way the two prong work is/are one prong can be both - & + say u hook the + wire to the right prong and the - to the left prong your led will light up green now lets reverse that say you hooked up the - wire to the right prong and the + to the Left your led will light up red, now with that out of the way, what if you had bi color leds (Two Pronged Type) and had them hooked up to a 3 way swich with + & - wires in the middle and - on one side and + on the other do u think it would work, i'll try to make a diograh tomaro or some thing, had to reboot the comp. so i have to instal photoshop and dreamweaver and ect... agian so a diogram will be up shortly. :D

• 4 months later...

DividedByJames>>>> same track i was thinking about when i did a single inlay on my ibanez. i did a 3rd fret pyramind clear, with a clear green led. for just one, i decided to use a 5mm led that i ground down the sides of it so i twould lay flat. also painted sides and bottom flat, so light would be focused on clear inlay.

since i ddint' care about how the back of the neck looked i did a quasi snake river desgin on the back of my neck with a router attachment tool fromdremel. wired the wires through it.and into the neck pocket and to the guitar. used a special batterie (low voltage high mah from my electronics store) and put the switch and batterie where the les paul toggle switch would go. on my ibanez strat style. since then, i have done a custom piece with a fiberoptic cable about a 1/2" from the edge of the fret board took some creative drillling. and planning to say the least. but well worth the effort. i believe i still have plans drawn up if anyone is interested.. also it has a basic led flashher that you can vary with a pot.

• 3 weeks later...