Guitar Of The Month For November

Time once again!  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't vote for Anastasia because of the satanic stuff... but that's a personal thing.

haha...i understand where you are coming from...but having a background with these type of people(fascinated with satanic imagery)i can tell you that 99% of the time,it is a person who doesn't believe in "satanism" at all...just a person who is fascinated byy the set of imagined beliefs.

some people would have the same problem with the gibson voodoo.

but i would gladly play the baphomet and would never have a thought about my soul going to hell for it. :D

1) I didn't vote for Anastasia because of the satanic stuff... but that's a personal thing.

Well I just have to even it out :D

1-1 in the battle between good and evil. B)

Sorry Mushy, it was a close run thing. You should still be very proud that axe is gorgeous, can't wait to see what comes along next.

Edited by Hotrock

Kevan, Inoticed this and like I said on my last post, this is the reason why Iwent and looked at the little details to make my vote, because it was a very close call between almost all of this months contestants. Anastasia would have had my vote but the neck took it out so did mushys, which is an outstanding simple guitar!

Anastasia, here is a link of what LGM was refering to! We like to see this guitars being built, that in my opinion influences a lot of the voting, when you see how much work was put into the instrument! If you have enough pics of your build, you can cook a tutorial thingy on how your guitar came to live! Hope this clears up most things! Comments are like aholes, everybody got one! So don't take it harsh, they are just comments!

Mushy- I think it's in the right area. I don't vote on GOTM, but I do like your innovative designs. The rest of the entrants have some slick stuff too, even a couple of basses that I'd like to check out.

This is such a gray area, I'm not sure what's correct and what isn't.

According to the popular definition, "from scratch" would mean that every part of the guitar was carved/sanded/shaped/soldered by the entrant.

Now, going by that definition, we'd have to exclude most people here, because I doubt any of them hand-braided the wire and did the jacketing for the wires that they used to wire up their guitar. I doubt Anastasia hand-wound those strings, or even the pickups (no offense).

So, none of these guitars are *really* "from scratch".

The next problem comes with: "Well then, how far can we go before it becomes a customization project?"

Just a neck?

Neck and body?

What about a complete re-shape of neck, body and headstock?

Chopped up into sawdust and presssure re-formed into the shape of a pumpkin?

There's a squiggly line here, and I'm not sure who's on what side of it.

I think that last month GOTM was about right! It had the modified and the from scratch. Why not the same thing this month? And I know you are just being smart :D , but we all know that from scratch means "exept the hardware. All that's wood is hand made by the person building it! I think that having the 2 classes is better, I didn't see that much disscussion last month!

Definitely an exciting "race", reminds me of the Kentucky derby, "And its Mushy the Shroom on the outside with Anastasia a close second! Anastasia by a nose...now Mushy the Shroom...they are neck and neck! Waitaminute! Southpa is making his move! Look at him GO!" :D

Edited by Southpa

Actualy the "Scratch" is only in the description on the voting poll itself. We are not voting for the best built from Scratch as last month. The reason there are not two polls like previous was simply because I couldn't come up with two very clear avenues to vote on.

The poll title is "Guitar Of The Month For November" and not Amateur Division, or Pro Division, or Modified, nor even Built From Scratch.

I guess I could come up with a definition of a guitar which is built from scratch, but lets continue that in a different thread since this one will be locked up after the voting deadline has passed:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11908

I voted, want to know which one??????

Too bad hehehehehehehhehehehe ,,,Its a secret.

I voted, want to know which one??????

Too bad hehehehehehehhehehehe ,,,Its a secret.

Southpa? :D

hehehe, maybe