"cascade" Completed...with Pictures?

unclej

well, i'm going to try one more time to post pictures of my latest project.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1060875

assuming that you can actually get to the pics from here i'll describe her a bit. the body is solid walnut with an hand rubbed oil finish. the inlay on the body and headstock consists of 16 different species of local and exotic woods. there are approximately 175 individual pieces hand cut and sanded and then glued into the channel routed into the body. the outline is binding material. the black "grout" around the pieces is super glue and crushed stone.

from the top: gotoh locking tuners because there was a six month wait for the schallers that i usually use. the birdseye maple on maple neck is from usa custom guitar. the pickups are from dimarzio. bridge=paf fred, middle=virtual vintage blues, bridge=paf joe. each pup is controled (sp?) by an on/off/on toggle. the neck is on/off/coil tap, the middle is on/off/out of phase and the bridge is parallel/off/series. the bridge is by abm and i've decided that i like it more than the the schaller's that i usually use when i can get them.

hope you like her. she plays like a dream and has more voices than you can shake a banjo at.

Edited by unclej

thanks mdw. the knobs are a simulated ivory from allparts in houston, texas. if you haven't tried them they're a great bunch of guys with a full line of hardware and supplies at reasonable prices. hmmnn..wonder if i should charge them for the advertisement?