2-tek 4-string Bass Bridge

frank falbo

I've had this bridge since I got it for a custom bass years ago when they were still around, and the guy decided he wanted to go with a 5 string instead. If I ever make a bass for myself it will be a 6-string, so I'd like to trade or sell it so someone can put it to use. When ordered, 2-Tek said that it was their "black" but it's actually a bit lighter, more like Ibanez' Cosmo Black. It's a gorgeous bridge, and I personally think they sounded great on basses. (not guitars though) If you're not familiar with them, they were sold as a dramatic upgrade to any instrument, because they are huge, and they go clear through to the back of the instrument. They are high mass, high vibration transfer, but don't introduce their own resonance or apply sympathetic vibrations into the wood because of how they're cut and assembled.

Please, someone make an offer either to trade for wood or hardware, or to buy. It was pretty expensive when we got it, so I'd like to turn it into something I can use.

I had some meetings with them back in the day when we were considering distributing them, so I got to know the product pretty well, and it always made an improvement on basses. Guitar strings are too small and weak, and usually the 2-Tek bridge made guitars sound more dull, because the smaller strings didn't have the mass to drive the bridge and the body like a bass string does. So it sounded more lifeless like a Steinberger for example. But on a bass with a good wood body, wow! It was great. The whole bass resonated more. Anyway my e-mail is

frank.falbo@sbcglobal.net