Cud's Project Guitar

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after a week of being sick, I went back to work on the guitar for a little bit. I was hoping to make a hardboard neck heel jig but I don't like the way it came out. I clamped the neck to a piece of hardboard that I drew center lines on. Then, I clamped straight pieces of the hardboard along the sides and back of the neck to form a pocket for the router to cut in. The problem I ran into was that the bit seemed to cut a little closer than the bearing should have allowed. As if the cutter head diameter is bigger than the bearing. I'm surprised because it's a Rockler bit.

I'm going to try again by cutting the template by hand.

Dave

Edited by CudBucket

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find a supplier of 1/8" diameter Mahogany dowels to use as a plug for the screw hole in my neck pocket so, I made my own. I cut a 4" long piece of mahogany that was about 1/4" x 1/4". I did this on the bandsaw. Then, I just chucked up into my drill press and "turned" it with some sand paper.

In a few minutes, I had a round dowel rod. Then, I took all the Mahogany dust I made and put it aside to make a filler paste with since I had two little bits of tear out near the neck ferulles.

Dave

Man this thing is looking great B) it look's like it's moveing along realy well I cant wait to see more man Good work!!

And I heard the same thing about that glue so "watch out" :D

EDIT:> oh ya one more thing nice rig I use to have one just like it!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

I've heard many similar myths about many types of glue. I don't buy it. I've use this stuff on large pieces of furniture years before I made this guitar. This stuff dries hard. If it creeps, it'll take 200 years before it matters.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Hey Matt, that Impaler of yours is coming along great man! Get that thing finished will ya! I'm dying to see it finished.

Dave

Hey Matt, that Impaler of yours is coming along great man! Get that thing finished will ya! I'm dying to see it finished.

I know I know soon soon :D Iam still trying to deside on a finish and I have some body work left to do yet :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)