Dimebag Darrell: 1966-2004

Ashez

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only is this guy f**king sick in the head for what he did, but i think he just volunteered his grave for a new public toilet. I missed damageplan a few weeks ago, taking it for granted, half knowing the show was going on. Now i feel regret that Ill never get to see dime live. He was a madman! He will be missed forever. Im mad... and it sucks, because as horrible as this all is, noone ever kills lame rockstars. So many great musical minds are lost and they had more to give. RIP DIME :D LOVE and RESPECT

Edited by Moreau

What's a lame rockstar though? Someone that you don't like?

I didn't like Pantera or Damageplan but this whole thing is an utter disgrace. It's almost a shame the cop shot the shooter. I wanted to see what happened to him when Pantera fans got their hands on him.

I was never a Pantera fan, and never really listened to their stuff, but this is just shocking and sad...

Feylya, on this side of the pond, the courts wouldn't allow anything to happen (they'd give him extra protection, police spam, etc. because the case would be so high-profile). I'm almost glad the guy's dead (which isn't really a healthy though) just so we don't have to deal with the bulls**t.

Absolutely awful news.

I have to go with Scott- when the bullets run out, the remaining fans run TO the shooter. Game over. Thanks for the photo too. Great shot.

Crafty- Yes...with a guitar in his hands. Very good point.

I'm kinda pissed that it all happened in my proverbial backyard. If I hear anything through the local news, I'll let you guys know.

Unfortunately, I've updated the front page of Tremol-No.com. As a Pantera fan, I thought I could at least do that.

RIP Darrell.

RIP the 3 other victims.

BIH the shooter.

A lame rockstar is someone we could give a damn about or thinks theyre king of the world. You never hear about low profile band members and such dying. Im just saying all the really great and influential artists and bands get struck by tragedy and death. Nirvana and The Beatles just to name a few, im sure we could do up a list if we had to. It just p*sses me off that it was DIME and the others who died. We always lose the greats. Maybe its the loss that makes us realize how great they are. Either way, My prayers are with all the people involved (execpt that piece of sh*t) and anyone else who is affected by the news of today. Its good to let it out.

:D

More musicians are being killed than politicians - an utter shame. I have yet to discover pantera but I have always heard stuff about Dimebag and any musician known or unknown to the world that is killed is always a tragedy. We should praise music and musicians that help us escape from the world and entertain us. Now we will celebrate two deaths, Lennon and Dimebag.

R.I.P

-Jamie :D

If Vinne-Paul isn't gone and he does come through - can you imagine the emptiness he will be feeling for his remaining days? The flashbacks of that night? It sounded like those two had a very tight bond and everything that his world was about is gone. I hope he gets through - don't get me wrong there - it's just that he will have so much to deal with to move on in life.

i am a hardcore Pantera fan, and this is just a total disgrace. Its almost unbelievable, like the time i found out that my neighbour had been kicked to death for being indian.

BURN IN HELL MOTHERFU(*ERS

and RIP Dime.

Yeah, don't go there. Especially since Dime was a supporter of the people's right to bear arms. Maybe if the laws in Ohio weren't so f'd up and the bouncers were allowed to be armed, this wouldn't have happened. I give the bouncer who rushed an armed gunman and died in the process props for trying to use what he had--nothing but muscle.

So there's two sides to the debate, nothing's going to bring Dime back, so let's end it here, now, and remember Dime for how he lived, not how he died.

Was it a hand-gun or a rifle? I'm assuming it was a hand-gun. I wonder if he had it legally and had a permit to carry it? Each state has it's own laws on this and I don't know anything about Ohio's laws concerning hand guns. I'd be surprised if he had it legally (permitted to carry it into the club). In that case, the right to bear arms wouldn't be relavent.

I think that's where it becomes very difficult to do anything about things like this. If you make it illegal to own a gun - that certainly won't keep guns away from people who want them. It's all sketchy and impossible to argue with any confidence not knowing if this was thought up in advance or a spur of the moment thing but making guns illegal to own doesn't seem like it would prevent them from getting into the hands of those who want them. Drugs are a good example of what I mean.

I had the same reaction though - I wish there was a way to prevent this kind of crap from happening. Something that would make it impossible for this kind of thing to take place ever again. I just can't think of any law or change in government that would do it.

Was it a hand-gun or a rifle? I'm assuming it was a hand-gun. I wonder if he had it legally and had a permit to carry it? Each state has it's own laws on this and I don't know anything about Ohio's laws concerning hand guns. I'd be surprised if he had it legally (permitted to carry it into the club). In that case, the right to bear arms wouldn't be relavent.

I was wondering the same thing...