Dimebag Darrell Remembered!

Anyway back on topic :D ....here's a small part of Robb Flynn's statement about Dimebag that made me smile, it gives you an idea on the kind of guy he was....

"....So the next day I go up to him and say "Hey man, do you remember what you

did to my guitar last night?" He's like "Uh... refresh my memory"... so I

say, "You... uh... smashed the neck in half"... to which he says "No ****

dude?! I'll take care of you, no problem, don't worry!" He then had his

tour manager give us TWICE as much money as it would cost to replace /

repair the neck. And then a week later, while we're ON STAGE in Chicago, he comes out,

and brings both Logan and I brand new, top-of-the-line Dimebag Darrell

signature guitars - these things were worth probably 2500 dollars each - and

he whispers in my ear, "Sorry about the neck, Carjacker" (a nickname he had

for me)... I mean, COME ON!?

The next time we saw him, he played us some "just finished" mixes for the

then-unreleased "Reinventing The Steel" record at he and Vinnie's Club. We

were all worshipping. We drank shitloads, and he even rocked on the vodka

with us, rather than the whiskey, just 'cause he remembered that The Head

like vodka. A week later I get a package at our hotel in Pittsburg... he

had sent 4 one-liter bottles of expensive-ass Ketel One vodka, all the way

from Texas, with a note that read "Carjacker, it was killer hanging out with

you the other night. Remember, it's Goddamn Electric! -Your brother Dime".

That's the type of guy he was, such a giving person. 200 bucks worth of

vodka? Bah, no problem

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool man, that's what dimebag was like a giveing and loveing kind of guy!!

I love hearing about the good time's, your right Simo let's back on topic

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Hear's another great link there's vidoes,song's,pics,info,and that good stuff and if you look close you can see his new guitar design at the top of the page and I realy like it I may use that design for my tribute guitar

http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/dimebag/

EDIT:> and thanks to Simo,Drak,StreamLine,wes, for all the help!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!
Anyway back on topic :D ....here's a small part of Robb Flynn's statement about Dimebag that made me smile, it gives you an idea on the kind of guy he was....

"....So the next day I go up to him and say "Hey man, do you remember what you

did to my guitar last night?" He's like "Uh... refresh my memory"... so I

say, "You... uh... smashed the neck in half"... to which he says "No ****

dude?! I'll take care of you, no problem, don't worry!" He then had his

tour manager give us TWICE as much money as it would cost to replace /

repair the neck. And then a week later, while we're ON STAGE in Chicago, he comes out,

and brings both Logan and I brand new, top-of-the-line Dimebag Darrell

signature guitars - these things were worth probably 2500 dollars each - and

he whispers in my ear, "Sorry about the neck, Carjacker" (a nickname he had

for me)... I mean, COME ON!?

The next time we saw him, he played us some "just finished" mixes for the

then-unreleased "Reinventing The Steel" record at he and Vinnie's Club. We

were all worshipping. We drank shitloads, and he even rocked on the vodka

with us, rather than the whiskey, just 'cause he remembered that The Head

like vodka. A week later I get a package at our hotel in Pittsburg... he

had sent 4 one-liter bottles of expensive-ass Ketel One vodka, all the way

from Texas, with a note that read "Carjacker, it was killer hanging out with

you the other night. Remember, it's Goddamn Electric! -Your brother Dime".

That's the type of guy he was, such a giving person. 200 bucks worth of

vodka? Bah, no problem

This is the kind of thing that really bums me out about his death. I've heard nothing but good about the kind of guy he was, and now I'll never get to meet him, or even to see him on stage. It may be selfish to think like that, but I can't help it. He's one great guy that I'll never meet.

YA I know how you feal a few year's ago pantera came to town and I wanted to go realy bad but I just could not get the flore tickets on time and I thought it would suck watching from the nosebleeds but now looking back I wish I had gone anyway but instead I missed out on a great time and I lost my chance to ever see dime onstage again.

Maybe I'm kinda late, but... I was at the Machine Head gig the day after the shooting happened (Dec 9th). Robb Flyn came on stage holding Dimebag's picture (the one with the warhead logo cap). He said a couple of thing about Dimebag, asked for one minute silence and played a ballad on ACOUSTIC guitar!!! That was awsome! I've never seen Robb Flyn even close to an acoustic... Anyway, the great man and player is gone. Sad.

"Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity".

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Edited by mullmuzzler
Maybe I'm kinda late, but... I was at the Machine Head gig the day after the shooting happened (Dec 9th). Robb Flyn came on stage holding Dimebag's picture (the one with the warhead logo cap). He said a couple of thing about Dimebag, asked for one minute silence and played a ballad on ACOUSTIC guitar!!! That was awsome! I've never seen Robb Flyn even close to an acoustic... Anyway, the great man and player is gone. Sad"Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity".

"Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity".

where did you get this from I think I have heard it before well said man!!

And Simo I like the new Avatar man it looks good

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

darrellphilcopy.jpg

Hear's a great pic a friend of mine just sent me in an email Ya know there was alot of $hit slinging going on but that still dose not mean that these guy's where not like brother's at one time, this is a great pic of the "GOOD TIMES" thanks for the pic mike :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

There's a great message from Scott Ian here..... http://www.anthrax.com/html/ANTHRAX_alphamail.htm

My favourite part...."Charlie told a great story about being at the house and seeing a goat with a pink beard walk past him. He did a double take and asked Dime why there was a goat walking around. Dime told him that somebody left it at his house so naturally he had to dye its beard a matching pink." :D

Man Thank's Simo that's what this thread is all about man my eye's started to well up there for a bit :DB) "great link" :D

There's a great message from Scott Ian here..... http://www.anthrax.com/html/ANTHRAX_alphamail.htm

My favourite part...."Charlie told a great story about being at the house and seeing a goat with a pink beard walk past him. He did a double take and asked Dime why there was a goat walking around. Dime told him that somebody left it at his house so naturally he had to dye its beard a matching pink." :D

i love that...

My favourite part...."Charlie told a great story about being at the house and seeing a goat with a pink beard walk past him. He did a double take and asked Dime why there was a goat walking around. Dime told him that somebody left it at his house so naturally he had to dye its beard a matching pink."  :D

i love that...

Made you all giddy, didn't it Goat Lover?? :DB)

My favourite part...."Charlie told a great story about being at the house and seeing a goat with a pink beard walk past him. He did a double take and asked Dime why there was a goat walking around. Dime told him that somebody left it at his house so naturally he had to dye its beard a matching pink."  :D

i love that...

Made you all giddy, didn't it Goat Lover?? :DB)

hehe...ever try to get a goat to stand still long enough to dye it's beard pink? :D

This is from the seymourduncan site:

Dime and George Lynch

I'm still having a hard time accepting this. I got the Damageplan CD last night at Walmart. I saw something on the price tag that said ("EDITED") and though - no - that can't mean they censored it - but I think it is censored. There is a song called "F**** You" and every time these words are said, there is a guitar fill or something that prevents you from hearing it. It's done very smoothly but I highly doubt that this is the original material. Anyone else heard of this?

Anyway, it sounds like he was beginning a new approach to song writing and was really very creative. I regret not buying the CD sooner. I would have gone to the show in my home town on that Sunday night before he was killed. I just thought that since it was a Sunday night that I would catch them another time. A friend of mine had a similar experience with SRV just before he died.

dimebagonstage.jpg

Hear's a cool pic of dime doing what he loved, just slaying that guitar!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...ag/dime2sth.jpg

I think this is the design Iam going to use for the DIMEBAG tribute guitar

but with a dean headstock the best of both worlds I think :D

and if there's anyone out there that has any pic's or links they would like to post feal free to do so, the reason iam saying this again is because we have alot of newbes hear now and I want them to feal free to add to this thread :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

$hit that's good ink :D I might be going In about a mounth to get my tattoo done if I get the all the $$$ I need :D great link Simo

!!METAL MATT!! B)

man, i remember the day after, I had just got up and I flicked on the radio an' Jack Hammer (HH,TX) made the announcement and I thought this was one of his bad jokes... but after it was official... man, Dime influenced so much of my playing (and all his influences thereafter) it just made me break down cryin man... I was messed up.

my parents almost never let me out to go to concerts but I was always sayin if there was ever a concert I wanted to see it was Pantera (and later, Damageplan, the first brand new Dime album I ever bought) and we even had plans for me to go over summer... AGH!! More than any words could ever say, Dime will be sorely missed and the legacy he has left behind for all of us is astounding. That was the only true guitar hero I ever knew when I first got into heavy music... to think of him dead just... just blows me over.

If any good came of this, though, it's really got to be that now, so many people who, whether they've liked metal or not, have now been exposed to Dime, his music, his very being.

If I ever get my sites up and running again, I'm opening a tribute site to all the guitar heroes with a focus on Dime just because he impacted me most-

We all know Dime's partyin in the next world so here's to him! :DB)

There's 2 video interview's with Phil and Pat on www.blabbermouth.net

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=30858

hear's a link to the what phil had to say, but I gota say this one feal's "ODD" to watch but you guy's can take a look and post what you think good or bad