Brian

Factory Tours

I'm pretty sure gibson is using a two part automotive finish these days. I say that because Valspar was selling the Nashville plant their finish a few years ago (maybe they still are?) and I'm 99% sure Valspar does not put out nitro.

[quote name='thegarehanman' post='337824' date='Jul 5 2007, 01:45 AM']I'm pretty sure gibson is using a two part automotive finish these days. I say that because Valspar was selling the Nashville plant their finish a few years ago (maybe they still are?) and I'm 99% sure Valspar does not put out nitro.[/quote]

That sounds very possible. If they were using nitro, I just couldn't see them waiting only four days (though I don't suppose I would put it past them).

CMA

Yeah, four days is adequate time to wait for leveling and buffing. If it's four days under UV drying lights, then the finish will be as hard as it ever will in that time.

E Squared    0
[quote name='the third eye' post='8978' date='Jun 11 2003, 04:05 AM']nice work!

just wondering are there any ibanez factory photos or vids floating around the net? :ph34r:[/quote]

Ive always wanted to see that

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Heritage Guitars out of Kalamazoo, MI have tours. If you are unfamiliar with Heritage Guitars, it is a company that was started out of Gibson leaving MI. When Gibson closed their Kalamazoo plant, some of the workers decided to stay and start their own company. Heritage purchased their machines and everything from Gibson. It's a real cool place and piece of history. Check it out.

[url="http://www.heritageguitar.com/history.html"]http://www.heritageguitar.com/history.html[/url]