Abm Bridges

• 2 years later...

Yep, pretty much. I had ordered some hardware from them, oh, back in July, called, they were backlogged, called again two weeks later and was told the owner had passed away, but they kept giving me the runaround ('call back in a few weeks') while they tried to sort out the sale of the company (or not-sale, whatever). This tuesday I called again, and was told that, well, if I wanted to buy bulk remaindered stock, that would be fine (ie, if I was a distributor), but there was zero production, and there didn't look to be any in the future either. The woman who currently owns the place (I think a family member) was looking to sell it, but so far there are no takers, far as I can tell, and it very much looks like ABM is a company that 'used to exist'. Allparts may still have some stock to sell, but once that's gone, that's it.

It's really too bad, though, as they had some nice headless stuff for a pretty decent price. I'm currently waiting for a reply from ETS hardware (also German) to see if they can provide what I need. Bit pricier, though.

It's really too bad, though, as they had some nice headless stuff for a pretty decent price. I'm currently waiting for a reply from ETS hardware (also German) to see if they can provide what I need. Bit pricier, though.

Truly a shame. As far as ETS, I tried contacting them a while back and never heard from them. I hope you have better results.

Best regards,

Robert

I'm currently waiting for a reply from ETS hardware (also German) to see if they can provide what I need. Bit pricier, though.
The only way I was able to get a quote was from a "US Distributor" -- really a manufacturer that uses their parts and would be willing to tack-on an item or two to their usual order. IIRC, it was BassLabs that was able to get a quote for me.

Ray

I'm currently waiting for a reply from ETS hardware (also German) to see if they can provide what I need. Bit pricier, though.
The only way I was able to get a quote was from a "US Distributor" -- really a manufacturer that uses their parts and would be willing to tack-on an item or two to their usual order. IIRC, it was BassLabs that was able to get a quote for me.

Ray

Out of curiosity, when was this? I got a quote from ETS direct last December. Customer service was awful, though, and it took three months and a lot of headaches to get the bridge. I won't be dealing with them direct again, which is a shame because I would like to use more of their hardware.

BassLabs (bassparts.de) is their official distribution channel, although the guy I talked to on the phone said I could also order direct since I don't live in Germany, and they don't have a Dutch distribution channel. I tend to call these companies, as they don't have the same kind of affinity with internet sales as most US companies do, and customer service means something different in most European countries than it does in the US...