Guitar Of The Month For March, Entries Only

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 21st of February then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a long journey this one has been,

Took the deposit on this guitar in October 2003. It was actually my first international order (Florida). The client got a screamer of a deal, because im a huge Randy Rhoads fan.

Neck through laminated maple, with scarf joint. African Mahogany wings (heavy, bell like tap tone). Ebony fretboard, 25" scale, mother of pearl inlays. Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF pickups.

122-2277_IMG.jpg

122-2282_IMG.jpg

This hombre is Mark Devattimo, nominee for Guitarist of the Year in our local industry awards. Yup, he will nail the competition. these are the promo shots for the winners profile :D

122-2299_IMG.jpg

122-2290_IMG.jpg

More pics here, here, and here.

Ok, here is the sound byte. The guy who recorded it was Graham Greene (www.grahamgreene.com) who is actually an Ibanez endorsee. He is talking about dropping his FREE Ibanze endorsement and taking on my guitars (with zero endorsement). Cool huh?

Whats even cooler, is something thats coming out BECAUSE of the recording... but, more on that later.

Anyway, the gear used:

Peavey ProFex II preamp, Ormsby Polka Dot (9-42's), straight to tape.

The patch had compression, Distortion, 3 band EQ, and a short delay. Drum machine, and Cort bass guitar.

File is 800kb

http://www.monaro.com.au/guitars/diary/Cus...n%20(64kps).mp3

The sound byte is called Lazy Train, because Graham was too lazy to read the tablature for the music (Crazy Train). However, considering he has only heard the ozzy osbourne album a couple times (and the last time was early eighties), and had never played a RR song, AND he only listened to the track FIVE TIMES (to learn the chords, solo, everything), i think he did a good job B) It was recorded as three takes, but im not sure if it was spliced together, or not. The entire process took about an hour and a half, including programming the drums and recording the bass track AND learning the song.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after a long time I finished my second guitar; it´s a neckthrough SG and it took me about 2 months to make it and like 5 months to get it painted, but it came out great and I really like it.

The specs are: mahogany body and neck, rosewood headstock and fretboard w/medium-tall frets, 24 3/4" scale, chrome hardware and Gotoh tuners. The finish is polyester and the color is cherry red.

The pickups are Seymour Duncan JB on the bridge and Jazz on the neck and the wiring came from StewMac.

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

Here you can see the neckthrough:

DSC01343.jpg

and finally the headstock:

DSC01333.jpg

I always love the SG´s and I read somewhere that the Gibson intention was to make the SG neckthrough; I really don´t know if this is true but it seemed like a good idea and I just went for it. It´s a mix between a 61' and the P. Townshend model. It´s a very light guitar in comparison with my other ones and it sound really cool, I really love it.

If you wanna see more pics check this link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v438/cuervo77/

I know, I know, there's no way me n' my humbe Bocaster can compete with the REAL guitar makers in this forum. And since it's a mod, not a self-build, maybe I don't have the right?

Still, can I have an extra point for coming up with an...uh...original design?

The Bocaster was inspired by my appreciation for the Gretsch Bo Diddley and my desire for a Telecaster...the guitar was modded from a cheapo telecaster clone with a really nice neck. The body is a three-piece lightweight Asian alder, the neck one-piece maple and rosewood fretboard. The electronics are all genuine Fender, the tuners are Grover locking tuners, the strings trees and nut are Graph Tech. The finish was done with automotive rattle cans.

bocasterfinishedfullsunMedium.jpg

bocasterfinishedbodyMedium.jpg

I also did a spin on the Fender logo for it:

bocasterfinishedheadstockMedium.jpg

I made TONS of mistakes along the way...for the next guitar, I expect to make one or two fewer mistakes...the next build WILL be a self-build.

But the guitar turns out to be an excellent player. Extremely lightweight when you're standing, really comfortable to hold when you're sitting. Oh, and the neck balances PERFECTLY-- really nice to play.

Edited by idch

Ofcourse you can enter the bocaster, I like it B)

Ooops, no replies here, entries only, better enter a guitar then... :D

Ok:

Alder body with a light flamed maple top, Maple/bubinga/maple neck, Stainless steel frets (I love them!) Ibanez Edge, Rio Grande BBQ bridge pickup ibanez V7 Neck pickup.

SOUNDCLIP

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

I still hate every single pics i've taken of this bass but here goes anyway.

This is my first instrument, it was finished in late december. I was busy for 12 months building this although if I hadn't been so strong headed about having a sunburst for my first bass then it probably would've taken me less than 6 months.

Specs:

Mahogany body, 3-ply neck of maple-purpleheart-maple, Pau Ferro fretboard, gotoh tuners, no-name brand bridge and homemade Musicman humbucker pickup.

The complete build can be seen on my website, there's 8 pages detailling everything single thing I did + more pics.

dub-3.jpg

JL071-2.jpg

JL073-2.jpg

Nanda Devi

She's named after the double-summited 25,645ft-high peak in India's Garhwal Himalaya. The Indian translation of the name means Goddess of Joy. She is built almost entirely from scratch; only the base of the body was already prepared, though I had to sand it down to bare wood to start.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that she is a strat of a different color. Wonderful note clarity, swimming cleans & edgy crunch. A combination of larger body, top wood & pickup selection gives her a lot more meaty growl than the typical strat. Not "honky" like a LP and none of that harsh brightness you can get with strats; I find, for the first time on a strat, that I'm using the bridge pickup by itself quite a bit. She really sings, the sustain is fantastic!

And the 12-string is all I'd hoped it would be; for a long time, I've really wanted the sound of a Fender Electric XII, which is pretty distinctive among 12s, and I think I've come pretty close. The bridge position gives a spacy, almost Sitar-like sound, and the positions closer to the neck are really where it's at. And don't let me get started about the harmonics you get with the gain cranked up! This thing blows away all the Gibson doublenecks I've played.

With the 12-neck on & 6-neck off, you get some really cool harmonic sympathy on the 12 when you play the 6, like a natural cathedral-style reverb. With both necks on, you can create some pretty intense noise chords and invent some crazy two-neck stunts. There's so much versatility here, I can't put it down (even though it weighs 12 pounds...).

Several firsts for me on this one:

First doubleneck (duh!)

First experience working with spalt

First 12-neck

First burst

The blow-by-blow is here. The first page has been updated with more pics of the earliest phases. I am especially happy with how the non-conventional 12-string tuning works out.

Many many thanks to the cool people on this forum for advice & encouragement; especially Drak & Maiden.

Specs:

Alder body (2nd-hand Warmoth that I took 3/8" off the top)

Spalted maple cap, matching spalted maple access covers

Blackburst c/o Krylon

PolyU clear coat c/o Minwax

Flame maple necks w/walnut skunk stripes & headstock veneers

25.5" scale, 1.78" width @ nut

jumbo frets

Mighty-Mite 6-bridge, Schaller fine-tuned bridge modded for 12 strings

Fender tuners

Lace Chrome Dome pups (7k-7k-13k)

StewMac strat 5-way super-switch (regular stratty selections)

Master volume & tone, 3way switch for necks (6, 6+12, 12)

Rear jack plate

Schaller strap locks

Front1.jpg

Back.jpg

Finish.jpg

headstocks

Edited by erikbojerik