Guitar Of The Month For February

Vote for your favorite  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had to go with Fatboy. Drak, the Bird is gorgeous, but isn't it time someone else started winning? B) And bassman, as gorgeous as that thing is, I've never been a fan of acoustic bridges.

I think I had to go with Fatboy just because of the attention to detail, and wonderful vintage style and color, despite the glaring lack of a Bigsby! :D

It was either Bassman's fretless, or Drak's bird. What a difficult decision! I must have scanned back and forth 6 times, and looked at them for over 4 minutes a piece. A love that fretless bass, but something about the bird took my vote. I can't explain... it just moved me a little more.

I honestly wish I could cast two votes!

D~s

i would, er...like some alone time with that bass.

EDIT - i don't suppose it's for sale, btw?

Edited by StratDudeDan

I think this is the toughest competition i've seen yet... There are three guitars on there that i would LOVE to own personally. I love the JS6 copy, mainly because i love the JS6. :D But for originality, i'm really torn between the fatboy and bassman's hybrid fretless.

Ultimately, i voted for the Hitone Fatboy. It was all the details that got me... little things like the headstock logo and the production label inside, and the fact that he's launched a whole Web site for his venture into guitar building. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff, and of course, i have to support another fellow graphic designer with dreams of being a luthier.

Great work, everyone!

Before anyone points out the obvious...Yeah, Yeah I know- it is not all shiny and glossy like most of you guys would prefer, but I think the next one will have that going on.

aidlook,

dont let the size of that oversized chair fool you... the scale on that bass is 33.5". The neck itself is actually much longer than the most any bass neck-minus the headstock (even with the very slightly smaller scale length), it does not even make contact with the body until the 21st position- and then the neck even goes up to about the 30th position on the G string. Yeah, Yeah I know- it is not all shiny and glossy like most of you guys would prefer, but I think the next one will have that going on.

Drak,

I really dig the design on that one, way to go on the cool horns.

The Fatboy is extremely professional looking. BigD- good job on the build- great looking guitar

BigD gets the 'Cleanest and Straightest Looking Rear Ferrules Shot I've Ever Seen' award, hehehe. That's a really spot-on job for those ferrules dude. You should do a tut for that, I know a lot of people have a really hard time with doing those correctly, and you can't get much nicer than you did there. Very clean, I Like!

And I'm SWOONING over the Burl on Bassman's Bass, gloss or no, it's completely sweet.

But it DOES look like a Midget Bass in that chair! Hahahaa! Is that a GIANT chair BTW? :D

Had to jump back in here...

Bassman: that is so simple and smooth, it allows the eye to concentrate on the burl. No need for high-gloss super-deep finish. If it was a woman, she would turn you on wearing a t-shirt.

Drak: yours at the other end of the spectrum... mean paint, killer hardware, and a nice twist on a classic body. This babe would be wearing a leather corsette with silk stockings.

Know what I mean?

D~s

This month's compettion is excellent. The bass is .... great. The JS6 looks really powerful. But, the FatBoy... like somebody said, it is the details of the guitar itself that reserved my vote. Simply BEAUTIFUL. I'm not a fan of the whole rockabilly thing going on, but this guitar astonishes me. I think that this is the most proffesionaly executed guitar that I have seen on this forum (exeptions are DaveQ, Myka, LGM and a couple of other members - I can't recollect usernames now, sorry. They did pretty awsome guitars in the previous competitions.).

Anyway, this is it. My vote goes to Hitone's FatBoy.

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

I had to vote for bassman, i am currently building a bass and wanted to show support for the instrument. That burled top is amazing, it looks like a smoldering bed of embers. VERY COOL!

If the Fatboy had had a Bigsby i'd have probably voted for it.

fatboy fatboy fatboy! haha...

fatboy in a little coat, fatboy in a little coat...fat boy in a littttleee cooaattt, fat boy in a litttleee coooaattt