"ibanez- The Untold Story"

Not many folks realize this, but Ibanez has been around longer than Fender, EB/MM and PRS combined. Ibanez has some major history, almost 100 years worth.

After more than 10 years of research, picture gathering, and transcribing anecdotes, the first book about Ibanez- from Ibanez- is now available!

You can pick up your copy here:

http://www.ibanez.com/news/untold_story.asp

(Don't bother checking Amazon or Barnes & Noble; it's only available through Ibanez)

These books debuted at the most recent NAMM show, and are now being made available to the public. $39.95 for a sweet, all-glossy, TONS OF PICS, coffee table book. This is the one Ibanez fans have been waiting for.

Why am I posting about it? Well, since Jemfest is mentioned in the book, the authors will be getting us an autographed copy to raffle off at Jemfest 2005 in Orlando. That's right- all three guys are gonna sign it! How cool is that?

Feel free to post your thoughts on the book once you've read it.

Oh yeah, and if you guys find typos in the book, please post them here. I'll get them sent to Ibanez so they can make the necessary corrections. They already know about "Neutrik". LOL

P.S.- For those wondering, Yes- the EGYPT is in the book. :D

I do remember a long time ago when I was young, that Ibanez was sold at a local music store, and it was basically, sorry to say, crap.  Then later on they started making some great guitars, that play great, sound great.  But my first experience with Ibanez was definitely not a good one.

according to your birthday you are the same age as me...so your first experience with ibanez was probably in the late 80s,as was mine...

what i remember is that they had some very nice high end guitars(above $1000)but that anything less than that was,as you say,pretty craptacular.

it wasn't until the mid to late 90s that i started to notice the quality vs price was greatly improving.now i feel like they make them as good as any,and better than most (major manufacturers)

but the early lawsuit models are supposed to be very nice

I started playing guitar when I was 9 years old, so it was early 80's, and all I remember is how badly they played and sounded when I tried one out at the music store. They wouldn't stay in tune, the action was a mile high, and the necks was huge. I'm not sure it it was the top of the line Ibanez at the time or not, but they wasn't cheap pricewise either. All I know is that Ibanez got good quickly, because they went from a joke, to everyone wanting one. lol Of course I like them now, but back in the day, they was like Wes said, "craptacular". lol

disclaimer: I do like Ibanez guitars.

My first "real" guitar was an RG550. I bought it somewhere around 1989/1990 I think. I've always loved it but I do remember a music store guy bad mouthing Ibanez at that point due to some rusting he found on a new Ibanez he bought. I have no clue if his claims were true or not but the RG treated me very well. I wish I could say that I did the same for it. :D

So, who's signing this book?