"insane Gain" Project

El Dangerouso

I was looking at Bennett Music Labs "Insane Gain", and I was liking the idea of the pedal, but I would really prefer the same thing in rack form. Bennett says that the thing is really just three EH LPB-1s in a row with true bypass on each. Well, the LPB-1's circuit is easy enough, but in a rack form, I would no longer be able to use the 3PDT stomp switches. Is there any way to control it remotely with a pedal like the Digitech FS300 and a TRS jack? Also, how difficult would it be to use MIDI with relays to control the circuit? This project may be beyond my ability, ultimately, so quotes are also welcome.

The following links might help:

Bennett Labs (Insane Gain second from right)

EH Booster Schematics

How far do you want to go? MIDI switching is possible, if you've got the time. money and determination. :D Meanwhile here's a couple of simpler solutions, one analog and one digital:

Analog (relay) switching (courtesy of Geofex)

Digital switching (also from Geofex)

If you're interested, there's a bunch more on ( B) you guessed it!) Geofex! Try the search feature, and you'll find more than you need to know!