Top Posters In This Topic

Looks freaking cool to me too!

How are you finishing the V?

Looks great natural IMO.

B) Its about time my friend!! its about time :D

I love these Vs but for some reason I never build one for my self :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• 7 months later...

Welp, im raising this post back up from the dead. I pulled these guitars back outta my closet as i am ready to start working on them again, and im not sure what im going to do, i look at them and just am not satisfied with them. I look at them and know i can do better, so im thinking about scraping them and starting over, i want these two guitars, but want them to be perfect and now looking at these they are far from perfect. Ill let you guys know what i decide.

• 5 months later...

don't scrap them :] keep going until you're proud of it and wanna keep it forever...

on a side note, im building a mirrored guitar too. Its alittle trickier than what you did, because its an SG with flat sides. I've ended up routing an SG shape into the flat top, and created a template for the mirror acrylic with that, so the mirror is flush to the wood.

on a second side note, someone earlier said that they would like a textured mirror finish, before realising it was just the ceiling being reflected. that kind of texture can be made really easily; brush a thin layer of paint thinners over the back of the acrylic, and the miriror will start to bubble. Once its bubbled enough for your taste, get read with a shower and use a weak jet to wash away the thinners - voilla!

good luck :]