2 New Projects For The Year

I was planing on using the templates off the website. I havent routed it out yet, those are pencil lines. Mine is a "licenseced under floyd rose" brdige not a OFR. This is the bridge that im getting. Would i need to adjust the bridge, also i have it so i can take some pics of it if you want to see a better view to tell me.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i really want a ibanez trem, those things are soooooo nice. When i get a good one and replace the cheap one, ive gonna be deciding between an ibanez one and a ofr. I hear the ibanez ones are very very good trems. Also thanks for the heads up about the guy who makes the flying v's im gonna check him out and see his work.

Well, i had 10-20 min free the other day and got out my templates and started looking at my jem neck template. Now im thinking about giving my jem a reverse headstock to kinda set it off from the other production jems out there. Kinda give my jem some orgininality and not be seen as just another copy(imitation, look alike) project (even though it is). I still havent made up my mind. Give me your opinion guys.

Well, i had 10-20 min free the other day and got out my templates and started looking at my jem neck template. Now im thinking about giving my jem a reverse headstock to kinda set it off from the other production jems out there. Kinda give my jem some orgininality and not be seen as just another copy(imitation, look alike) project (even though it is). I still havent made up my mind. Give me your opinion guys.

If you can live and play with a reverse headstock, but in my opinion reverse Ibanez headstocks look awful, ugly and horrible.

Quick question, does it matter how big the area around the tremolo is? Here is a pic to show you what im talking about. I was just wonder if it mattered how big it was as along as the bridge and everything was still right on and in the correct place. I might have confussed some of you with this but just let me know if you understand what im talking about.

Quick question, does it matter how big the area around the tremolo is? Here is a pic to show you what im talking about. I was just wonder if it mattered how big it was as along as the bridge and everything was still right on and in the correct place. I might have confussed some of you with this but just let me know if you understand what im talking about.

if i understand what your saying correctly, it wouldnt effect the playability of the guitar, but it would ruin the look, you would have a mini "moat" going around the trem, which would make it look a lil odd and not very jem like.

dya get what i mean

btw, that guitar looks ace at the moment, youve got the rg shape just PERFECT, keep up the good work, im hooked on this topic, i check it everyday hoping for updates :D , im an rg/jem fan :D

oyea, btw i think you should go with a reverse headstock, theyre cool imo, check this pic out:

slipknot019.JPG

Edited by User01

That is a good point. I dont know, im just worried that the trem or something wont fit right is what im scared of, i think im going to make it fit right going off my other guitar that has a trem on it (kirk hammett esp).

well isnt it better to make it too small, because then you can make it bigger, where as if you make it too big, you can make it smaller...get what im saying?

:D

Im going out to route my bodies right now. I have all my shite figure out with my new bridge and the trem and all the problems i have are finally resolved. I have an interesting and different looking cavity for my electronics but everything fits so im happy. I will post pics later on today when everything is done.

I would say yes to the reverse headstock. Although I do think the "normal" headstock flows better with the body shape.....the reverse headstock will make it more look like a custom.

Point about the tremolo though. You seem to have the idea you can pop a cheap trem in, and later switch to OFR or Ibanez Edge/Lo Pro Edge/Edge Pro trem.

Remember that all trems look alike but are not alike. All routing is different and trem stud placements is slightly different. Mostly when committed to one trem, you are kinda stuck with it.

Although people tend to change TRS trem for OFR trem as routing is about the same.

My advice therefor is to go for the best trem your money can buy (read nice Evil*Bay Edge or Lo Pro Edge for $80-100.) and rout your body for that trem.

Would safe money and headache in the end.

I do realize i just cant swap out trems, but i was just saying if i wanted to change it down the line i would get one of those. I might change it i might not, who knows lol. I dont mind fillin and redrilling holes and routing, thats the least of my worries right now lol, but thanks for the heads up.

Well, dumb ole me made a huge mistake today. I was finishing my routing of my back cavity for my tremolo when my meassure ments got off and to make a long story short i routed to far deep down and ended up routing into one of the pick up cavitys. I didnt compensate for the thinkness of the mirror acrylic when i got measurre mesnt of another guitar and this is what happened. Luckily i imedately realized what i was doing and stopped after i had only take a small piece of it out. So tomarrow i will take a clean piece of 1/4 alder and glue it in each one of the pick up holes. Then one that is dry i will finish my route of my trem cavity. I can really post of of my mistake if you want, but i wanna see if you guys can notice that i did after its fix. Let me know if you want a pic.

I got the pieces of alder glued in today. Tomarrow i am taking an epoxy and filling around the pieces cause they are a little off in some places. Then this weekend i will finish routing the jem and V. After that i will move onto starting my necks. First i will cut necks out then then route truss rod channels, then shape them. I will start the necks on monday. This weekend i am also hoping to install my leds into my fretboard (keeping fingers crossed but dont know if i will be able too, depends on what goes on and how much time i have).