Neck Humbucker Question...

LaFeeVerte

I'm looking for something that isn't bass heavey.. yet.. sounds good. I've tried all of the following in my Epi. Goth SG:

Duncan '59, Dimarzio PAF Pro, Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell, Gibson Burstbucker 2... then.. Gibson Burstbucker 1.

I want something with a nice clean tone balanced tone.. so I can throw a mid heavey humbucker in the bridge...

Any ideas?

:D

s.

depends on what you think sounds good.if you want sparkling clean and bright then alot of bridge type humbuckers work well.believe it or not if you set a dimebucker at the proper distance from the strings it has a great sparkling clean tone and is treble heavy not bass heavy.why don't you tell us what style of music you play and whose tone you admire so we can give you a better answer?

Tone wise.. I'd say what ever Kurt Cobain was using when he recorded "You Know You're Right"..

s.

Yeah, mainly his modified Jaguar.. mod'd Mustangs.. and towards the end the JagStang.. which he designed for Fender.

I guess it had a humbucker made by dimarzio.. which is unavailable to the general public. HS-4.. or H-4 or something like that...?

s.