Hi folks.. i've lurked here for a long time, came out of hiding last month and am now glued to this forum for the better part of most days. I am learning a lot and hopefully helping out a lot too.

A little bit about myself.. i'm 31, have played guitar since I was 15, have assembled, modded, customized, etc.. for 11-12 of those years. I've wanted to custom build since I got hooked on modding and customizing and spent 2-3 years planning exactly how I would do it, how it would become a side business and how i could use something I love to augment my income.

I am now starting that with a couple of friends (who have boatloads of tools and shop equipment, and space) and hope to get the first prototype done later this month. My focus is on strat and tele style, true vintage as much as possible but updates where necessary i.e. compensated bridges for teles, sculpted heel, etc. My first design project was the singlecut lp/prs inspired model I posted in the progress section.

That's about it. I have a wife and 3 kids, I don't generally play out but I recorded with a buddy and did all of his CD packaging recently so i've been playing out with him supporting his new CD. I'm also a drummer and bassist, so I do a lot of tinkering with digital home recording.

Good to have met a lot of you already and look forward to getting to know everyone else in the future.

-marcus