Guitar Of The Month For April

Time once again to vote!  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Love Your Guitar, Maiden! Got My Vote - the only thing that I "didn't" like was the lack of binding around the headstock, there is something about it not being there that I don't like seeing, but the rest of the guitar more than makes up for it.

I voted for Maidens 7 string, but it was a tough one. Something about the AANJ just sorta irked me on it :D if it was a set neck or neck through that guitar would be perfect in my eyes, but either way, you derserve it!

Had to vote for Maiden. I am a big fan of quilted maple, so they will probably get my vote every time. I like the shape on Wix's, and the finish is unique, but the center of the guitar looks kinda like a mistake to me. Also, the stuff on the fingerboard looks like it's rubbing off (has this been mentioned?). I'm a big fan of metal guitars, but the shape and top patterns on MetalCarver's are not my style. It was close with Godin, though.. great guitar. How are those Steinberger Gearless Tuners working out for you? I was thinking of replacing my standard ones with those on my first build.

First off, let me say everyone did a great job in my opinion. I really thought they all was built good and I wouldn't mind owning any of them, yet I had to vote for only one. Wix guitar was very neat I thought with the ancient theme he picked, was very creative and looks like it would be a fun guitar to play on stage. The guitar Metalcarver made was very refreshing and inventive, I'd love to actually get to play and see that guitar firsthand. Of all the guitars it was the most unique and he's probably got a nitch in the market if he uses it wisely. Godin's guitar was beautiful and had a body shape that was also unique yet not enough that it looked odd. I also loved the look of the Mahogany with black grain filler, very nice touch :D. The wood selection was top notch and so was the look of the natural wood unpainted, which for some reason doesn't do much for me usually. The main thing that got the red flag on his guitar was the string ferrels wasn't aligned properly and it stands out pretty bad even on the picture, but I'm sure it was a mistake that he learned from. I'm telling you it was a tough decision guys but Maiden's guitar ended up being my pick, simply because I really like the looks of it and he did a great job making it look very professional. The only knocks I had against his was that I wish he'd have built the neck from scratch also, but still the guitar turned out excellent and I'm sure it plays great too. We need sound clips guys.. more sound clips.. lol

In the end I decided for the metal carvers, I just love it

I had to vote for the metal beast; it just reached out and grabbed me. I don't know that I would want to own it, and I know I wouldn't want to polish it, but it's eye-catching.

Of course, Godin's did too; it looks very similar to the string thru body that I designed and started building half a year ago. (THIS ONE) BTW: Doug (at Soul Mate Guitars) has just about finished the neck... to replace the warped one that I had originally put on the body... so I hope to post updated pics (maybe in GOTM) of it within a few weeks.

D~s

maiden's all the way

plus he has great taste in music!! (up the irons)

Now way it has to be wix's guitar for the sheer creativity of it! not only is it totally original, but hes made all the PU's, sustainer and the bridge!

Good on you Wix for not going with the massses and just copying another guitar, it might not be the most beautiful guitar, but it IS the most creative which in my opinion at least counts for half the workmanship.

Dont get me wrong its a very hard choice and they are all very beautifull but i find these days there isn't enough scope in the designs people use.

Matt