Guitar Of The Month For May

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 23rd of April then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm not sure if this is allowed but I'm entering my first guitar again ttis month (I promise I wont enter it ever again)

My first!

07170651.jpg

07170653.jpg

07170654.jpg

07170655.jpg

Pic size updated (thanks jeremy B) )

specs:

scale legenth: 24"

pickups: seymour duncan vintage P-90

Switching: volume, tone, 3 way pickup selector, series, phase reverse

Body wood: hollow 1 peice hondunan mahogany

top wood: curly bookmatched bubinga

neck: cocobolo

fingerboard: cocobolo

Mahogany got a black grain fill and than stained with red mahogany stain than shot with gloss nitro

Bubinga was just shot with nitro

neck finished in satin nitro

Man this thing sounds AMAZING, It plays perfectly in tune up and down the neck and the action is VERY low.

Again I'm not perfectly sure if this is allowed... If it's not feel free to delete this thred and ridicule me :D:D

Edited by Godin SD

I've been waiting for a slow month to toss my hat in, but it doesn't look like we'll be getting one anytime soon. In fact, I've decided it's now or never - if the standard gets any higher I'll start building matchstick accordians...

So:

-Chambered Les Paul

-Plain maple top, mahogany body and neck w.RW fretboard w.22 medium frets

-Creme binding on neck and body, RW headveneer and agoya inlays

-Sunburst top w.cherry red back,sides & neck (not pink/purple - it's reflecting the blue sky!).

More pics, plus the construction diary can be found on my blog.

gotm_entry02.jpg

gotm_entry01.jpg

gotm_entry03.jpg

Hope you like it - good luck everybody.

I present for your consideration my first guitar

7acf5094.jpg

8ae67618.jpg

339eaa8e.jpg

8be0c809.jpg

Specs are as follows;

Body

One piece Brazilian mahogany with flame maple cap and ivoroid binding. Recessed control and neck plates. Flame maple neck pickup ring and Bigsby B5.

Neck

Birdseye maple with Gabon ebony fingerboard. 22 frets with abalone dots and body end truss rod adjustment. Graphtec nut, roller string tree and Gotoh tuners.

Electrics

Bareknuckle pickups - 'Stormy Monday' HB in the neck position and 'The Boss' in the bridge. 300k pots, mylar capacitors, vintage cloth wiring and switchcraft jack socket.

Thanks,

Neil

Here is my second hybrid bass...

bass2omarbaysspaltedbass004.jpg

bass2omarbaysspaltedbass005.jpg

bass2omarbaysspaltedbass006.jpg

bass2omarbaysspaltedbass007.jpg

Specs...

cocobolo fingerboard

cocobolo bridge, unbleached bone saddle

one piece mahogany body

bookmatched spalted maple top

five piece neck- birdseye maple, bubinga,birdseye, bubinga,birdseye

MOP side dot indicators

Fishman Natural Matrix I undersaddle tranducer with active preamp

rosewood volume knob

straplocks, not recessed- in order to give it a "built in stand"

body is grainfilled with epoxy and finished with satin nitro

neck is finished with Sam Maloof's poly/oil

ABM headless hardware - except for bridge

quilted maple cavity cover

I ALMOST FORGOT! It has a very low ZERO FRET... "OMG!"... and its fretless, well it must be cheaply made in China- oh well. :D

Last time I said that the next one would be all shiny and glossy, I guess I lied. After comparing some tests of different finishes I just had to go with satin. It just looks more appealing to me, but still not as appealing as a poly/oil finish.

Its not perfect, but my 50th one will be...

Well I might as well post some pics of my 2nd Guitar and see what happens. Many thanks to all who have helped me, in particular to Maiden69. This is for my A level D&T project.

100_0331.jpg

100_0330.jpg

It has...

-24.75" Scale length

-Neck-thru mahogany body and neck

-3A quilted maple top

-Black, turquoise, blue staining finished with rustins plastic coating which was burnished then polished.

-WDUK guitar tuners

-Jumbo fret wire

-Zero-nut with fretboard integrated nut/string-guides

-Craftsupplies deluxe 2-Way trussrod

-EMG 85/81 combo

-String thru.

+ alot of hard work :D:D

Thanks

matt

• 2 weeks later...