Entry for July 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sjaguar13

Push-Pull Pots and DPDT Pots?

I want to get rid of the two tone knobs and make it a push-pull knob. Would I need 500k, or would 250K work? Also, I need a knob with a rotary DPDT switch in it. Anyone know whrere I can find these two knobs?

get rid of the two tone knobs? They can function with the push-pull function, you know...

Stewmac.com carries 'em. Use 500K if you have humbuckers (I think...).

AFAIK, it's 250K for hummers and 500k for single coils. As for the switches, it depends where you're from but you shuld be able to get them in any decent electronics shop or even a music shop.

AFAIK, it's 250K for hummers and 500k for single coils. As for the switches, it depends where you're from but you shuld be able to get them in any decent electronics shop or even a music shop.

I thought it was the other way around.... 500 for the humbucker...

I want a pot with the switch, not a seperate switch. It must be double throw. I only need a single pole, but double would work. I can't find a 500k pot with a rotary switch that is double throw. I'd even take a push/pull switch that's double throw. I found a couple of sites that have them, but they don't mention the throws. I'm guessing they are single. StewMac has the one, but I don't get the on/on thing.

I want a pot with the switch, not a seperate switch. It must be double throw. I only need a single pole, but double would work. I can't find a 500k pot with a rotary switch that is double throw. I'd even take a push/pull switch that's double throw. I found a couple of sites that have them, but they don't mention the throws. I'm guessing they are single. StewMac has the one, but I don't get the on/on thing.

The one on Stewmac is a push-pull, 500K dpdt (I'm pretty sure). The on/on means it's a straight toggle between two positions (what you need for phase switches, coil taps, etc., and is probably what you're looking for). I've never seen a rotary DPDT for sale...

AFAIK, it's 250K for hummers and 500k for single coils.....

traditionaly it's actually the exact oposite, the higher the resistance, the thinner or "hotter" it will sound and since humbuckers have twice the coils, then have twice the bass and need something to hotten them up a bit ( i think the explination goes something like that) anyways it's mostly about preference. But i've heard good things about using 1 meg tone pots.