Donate A Guitar To Mazz :d?

Mazzstein

Well im a 15 yr old kid, no job, not have money and want to create a guitar......... not a good start is it B)

can anybody give me some starting stuff to make a guitar? or even send me a guitar u've made :D

id love a Flying V , but ANYTHING is accepted ill take ANY Part

Bodys

Headstocks

Blue prints/Sketches

Knobs

Wires

Fret boards

Misc

please im really desperate and want a axe :D

I gotta say, Mazz... it's not likely to happen.

I know you said you have no job, but the surest thing you can hope for is to come up with $99 plus shipping to get yourself a Saga kit, and even that will cost extra if you want to paint it up and all that good stuff. In order to get the kit, you'll probably need a guardian who has a credit card and is willing to order it for you.

There are great tales of people building guitars from salvaged wood and fabricated parts, but even those stories usually involve at least having access to some decent tools.

Lots of people buy guitars and never take the time to learn them. Get your guardians to poll relatives if you have any that you know of-- aunts, uncles, even friends of the family... someone's likely to have a guitar for you to learn on! One of my guitars is on loan to my girlfriend's younger sister right now for that very reason. :D

Greg

ive never seen a V kit, but im my opinion with the kind of budget your talkin about id wait a while, just get a cheap strat copy while you save your money, and play the guitar all the time so youll have a really good idea of what will suite you when you have the funds to do so

because seriously if it was possible to build a custom flying V for under 100 bucks with just a screwdriver we'd all be doin it! lol

You never know someone may be feeling generous an give you some wood or something but even still tools are expensive, so go get a part time job!! lol

What you could do is find some body wood and build a V body. Then finish it and put the Explorer hardware on that. I bet some of your friends or relatives have access to a woodshop to make a body for you. Then take it to a car shop to have it finished.

Oh you wanted to create a guitar yourself... :D

----------

Jimbo

got no access to any wood and it costs a fair bit .... and i aint pulling anything out of my Explorer man, if someone gives me a EMG 60 or 81 then ill take out the humbucker (ive got 1 81 in there already on the bridge now i need one for the neck)

are these saga kit's good? i might go for the LP but how much do car shops charge for spray painting?

if you want a project go to a local pawn shop and get one of those 60 no names pieces of crap. they arent made of good wood but heck for less than 100 bucks for the guitar, its not bad. You can take it all a part, do a refret job, maybe a scallop, rewire the pickups, repaint the body.

Damn it i really miss the richmond trading post here in Toronto. All their guitars were teiscos, kays, and a few gibsons and fenders once and a while. They also had a hondo gun guitar, but wasn't for sale, which really pissed me off. Tons of guitars, all particle board and plywood, not bad for 75 bucks canadian haha.

-Jamie

I agree. A great way to warm up for making guitars is to take a cheap one and give it the hours of attention it takes to make it custom shop quality. It's amazing what you can do with so little, and it matters so much less if you mess up! As far as refinishing, there's nothing you can't do yourself with a spray can, and the materials are at every auto parts store. YOu certainly don't need to pay to have that done- give it five or six good coats, block sand it with 800 grit sandpaper, then give it a few more coats with clear, then block sand 800 and then 2000 grit. then polish it out with auto hand rubbing compund, and you'll have a finish so shiny and deep nobody will believe it's a 100$ guitar.

And hey, what's wrong with your Explorer? I wish I'd had something so nice when I was 15.

Edited by x189player

i went without a decent guitar for years and years.at least you have a guitar.

i don't know man..to be honest...when you already have a guitar to play and you still ask for charity so that you can have ANOTHER one..well,that goes against my principles.

i have a better suggestion.mow yards or whatever you have to do to earn the money...then get what you want.it's a long road,but nothing worth having comes that easy...

i went without a decent guitar for years and years.at least you have a guitar.

i don't know man..to be honest...when you already have a guitar to play and you still ask for charity so that you can have ANOTHER one..well,that goes against my principles.

i have a better suggestion.mow yards or whatever you have to do to earn the money...then get what you want.it's a long road,but nothing worth having comes that easy...

A much politer version of what I've been itching to say.

Dude...

seriously...

baby steps.

If your strings are hitting the pickups, there's only one solution. Lower the pickups. :D:D

I'm beginning to suspect that I'm being trolled... though I've done my best to give the benefit of the doubt and be polite. B)

http://www.universaljems.com/cart/kitun.htm

There ya go. Slightly more expensive than the eBay site but he ships to Austrailia and he's kind enough to fund the forum that you're on right now.

But I have to concur with Wes. You have an explorer and you're looking for charity? That's just extracting the urine. I worked for a summer to afford my first guitar and I've worked for ever guitar I've gotten since. Maybe you're only 15 but there are jobs for 15 year olds. Even if they only pay $5 at a time, it's still $5 more towards a guitar.

sell the explorer then if you really want a V.

or get a job, buy a V and pay monthly. You pay a bit more in the end but so what, you don't have to wait and wait and wait