EMG & CRATE... NOISE!!!!!!

Scott D.

I have in my ibanez rg, i have in the bridge an EMG 81, and in the neck i have a Dimarzio Super distortion (not connected lol), and All i have is the EMG hooked up... and I also have a Crate MX120R amp... When im at band practice when i crank it up i am about 15 feet way,and I get feedback, Not the loud SKREECH but the.... humming its so loud that the drummer snare rattles lol... and EMG is supposed to have the quietest pickups, and it only a couple months old and i bought it brand new... ***.. - Scott

All I can say is check the wiring. That thing shouldn't buzz at all. If it's not the wiring, I think you could send it back to the factory. If I'm not wrong, EMGs are covered by a 2 year warranty, but I'm not sure.

it's not the pickups.you don't have it grounded to the bridge do you?emgs are not supposed to be grounded to the bridge.but it is probably your amp.

one other thing.do you have a chain of effects?more than one pedal in a chain will cause that too.in that case a noise gate will help.

Well.. Its not grounded to the bridge... but... the crate. I got it from musicians friend about 2 weeks ago an it came with... like a broken corner, but i just let it go.... and ive sat on it with my pyrimid belt so i scratched the little metal thing holding the handle on... but... it doesnt buzz.. its feedback.... only when its on this certain distortion... I use the AMPS distortion, and i get the feedback when im on the distortion when the. GAIN and the CLEAN switches are on together, its like a metal distortion, but if they are on sepately its fine....

the broken corner is UNDER the leather... i have a picture... Link to picture of the corner

i guess it depends on what you are asking.read the soapbox and decide for yourself. :D on the noise thing though i have had amps which had alot of interference and were very noisy like you describe.it can also be caused by wiring problems or improper sheilding in your guitar.but since you are using emg i think it is probably the amp.unless one of your wires or connections is crossed in your guitar.

one guy thought i was west he man