Weapon Of Mass Destruction

This weapon of mass destruction is for Dan. No details just yet, other than what you can see:

Alder body, maple set neck, scarf joint, ultra access heel from hell joint with shred shelf B)

White binding around ebony fretboard and headstock. 12" radius, sharkfin inlays from Mother of Pearl. Shredder option on frets 14 and upwards ;p

Tunomatic and string through. Zakk wylde EMG set, with additional single coil, AND a little booster thingy :D

WOMD lacquer, and a few other surprises which we will leave for the GOTM post :D

Stay tuned, this baby will be finished soon. Once its done, a brutal sound byte will follow.

120-2007_IMG.jpg

120-2016_IMG.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, i love that style headstock so damn much, my next projectjust so happens to be a strat style thing with a ESPish headstock.

Im looking forward to the GOTM post!

Yeah, its my OTHER headstock deisgn. Its nothing like the ESP design though, way way different. Actually based on the jackson design.... I love it.

Damn, i love that style headstock so damn much, my next projectjust so happens to be a strat style thing with a ESPish headstock.

Im looking forward to the GOTM post!

Thanks dude!

Yeah, I basically told Perry I was after a sort of hybrid between the droopyness of the jackson and the esp style 'upwards point'. I did up some rough stuff for it, but it turned out we both had similar ideas for it, and I have to say, I love what Perry has created in the end... very much so :D

Oh, it will also have a compensated nut, handcut by the master himself :D

I wont say anything else, I swear! There some really awesome ideas we have been talking about though, and there is some secret stuff that even I will have to wait until GOTM to find out about too B)

- Dan

I was just looking at that thing And I was woundering If your puting a veneer on that thing or are you going for paint? or is that a part of the ---secret stuff---

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Indeed! This will certainly be my... weapon of choice? :D MUAHAH

All up it cost $2110AU including pickups, which makes it far and away THE best choice I could have possibly made as far as buying myself a top quality guitar in this style.

I do beleive however, that Perry has amped up his prices since then, and rightly so.

- Dan

SWEEEEEEEEEEET Ya know that calm before the huge thunderstorm

Well----------------------------IT'S CALM--------------------something's comeing

!!METAL MATT!! :D