Weapon Of Mass Destruction

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a grey base colour because thats the colour it always is. It isnt related in any way, to the top coat colour :D So, stop guessing. :D

CNC?? Why would i want one of those, so i can sit behind a computer and not actually make guitars? I dont really even use too many templates, and EVERY guitar is different (compare the rear of the neck joints for the green soloist and Dans soloist for example). I guess i have a "theme" and i shape the guitar out to that theme, but also get a vibe from the guitar also. Cant do that with CNC B)

The only thing I like about the CNC is the ability to duplicate a carve. Like the one you did on the 2003 GOTM.

I love to work by hand, but I need more tools to make my life easier. I can deal with it, but once you go itno "mass" production like you and Jeremy has gotten into, I think that a little help will be greatly appreciated, even if it is used for minimal tasks, like fingerboard, inlays, neck profiling, etc...

I find it very nice the way you integrate the neck into the body, I think it is a design that sets your guitar apart from the mass produced ones (they are always smooth), keep it up Perry. And my bad for trying to guess. So your gray basse its actualy primer! OK,

.... but once you go itno "mass" production like you and Jeremy has gotten into.....

Im definately not mass production mate.... The two soloists i posted here are as close to mass production as it gets. Every guitar is a one off. I do have a "model" (METAL) but its got so many options, and is totally "custon shop". Only the shape of the body is standard, and even thats open for debate :D

ohhhhhhhhhh so nice i would love to own her, please tell me you putting emg's in her????

Yeah mate I sent Perry an EMG 81 for the bridge, EMG 85 for the neck and an EMG SA single coil for the middle. I also sent him a EMG PA2 boost switch which will be wired to the output. Happy days :D

- Dan

Its a grey base colour because thats the colour it always is. It isnt related in any way, to the top coat colour :D So, stop guessing. :D

CNC?? Why would i want one of those, so i can sit behind a computer and not actually make guitars? I dont really even use too many templates, and EVERY guitar is different (compare the rear of the neck joints for the green soloist and Dans soloist for example). I guess i have a "theme" and i shape the guitar out to that theme, but also get a vibe from the guitar also. Cant do that with CNC B)

No guessing here, 100 percent sure :D

Anyways, i really can't wait to see this finished. 2 models eh? Something else we can look forward too? B)

Brilliant work as usuall. I love the pic of the "little" practice amp too. :D

Your work is always so clean. It's really an inspiration to see this one. Can't wait for the finished GOTM pics and the sound clip.

BTW, is one of your customers Frank Gambale? Angus Young? Malcom Young? Brett Garsed?

Umm, no, those dudes arent lucky enough to have my guitars, yet :D My new endorsee will wipe the floor with them, chew them up for breakfast, and spit them out, then stomp on them. SHRED LIVES.

You might see some Ormsby influence on Dan Spitz's new PRS model soon to :D:DB)

spitz-vine.jpg

HOLY CRAP THAT GUITAR IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

(the GOTM winner I would be referring to)

The GOTM pics didn't do it justice, even in that blurry shot it looks way better than I remember it. WoW.

DAY-UM. :D:DB)

It's like Liquid Jesus. :D

CNC?? Why would i want one of those, so i can sit behind a computer and not actually make guitars? I dont really even use too many templates, and EVERY guitar is different (compare the rear of the neck joints for the green soloist and Dans soloist for example). I guess i have a "theme" and i shape the guitar out to that theme, but also get a vibe from the guitar also. Cant do that with CNC

We may not agree very often, but our philosophies sure run in parallel..