Custom Guitar Makers

ibanezrocker61

Don't forget Litchfield Custom Guitars, he even hosts his own website and forum. Must be really good.

I hear his real specialty is necks, which he is a consummate master of.

Can I get a rimshot someone?  :D

buh duh dum, lets just say im getting ready to see a lawyer about that... :D , i highly suggest if you want custom done stuff to go with perry, he definatly knows his stuff, and jeremy is doing the laviathans from what i know

How about a quick description as to what you are looking for. I think there are plenty of good builders around here. If price/budget is a consideration, you may want to give a little detail there also.

Peace, Rich

I was just thinking of doing that! :D

Well its very simple, I basically want a copy or replica (not sure what word to use) of Christian Olde Wolbers' Jackson USA Custom Shop Soloist Archtop 7-String, (or maybe even the V) specs and looks basically the same as is, nothing different...http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inventor...D=14&BrandID=20 the bottom black one, if I could afford one I'd just buy one but they are extremely expensive so I thought maybe a custom builder could build me one for an affordable price, basically maybe for under a thousand but I could go that high.

Edited by ibanezrocker61

I'd be either saving your money or learning how to build it yourself, because you ain't going to get anyone to build that for under $1,000, especially with a carved top.

Check out what warmoth.com has for bodies and necks. You could get the basic body and neck for $500, but you still have to get electronics, hardware, and finish for the thing which is definitely going to go over $1,000.

I thought so, just thought I'd mention... but still as long as its not like two thousand dollars, but I'd still like to find someone who could build one (not saying for under a thousand), I'd just like to find someone because I want it basically exactly like the Christian's Jackson's in the link (neck-thru especially).

The retail price for that particular guitar seems to be $1049.99. It is commendable that you would seek out an independent builder to craft you an instrument, but if that particular model is exactly what you want, buy it. You likely won't find a competant luthier to build you the exact same guitar for near that price, unless they're extremely generous, for some reason.

Why? Companies pump out dozens (if not hundredes) of guitars a day from their factories as opposed to spending a month or two to hand-craft a single instrument for you. That said, if you really want a single craftsman to build it for you I would encourage you to start thinking around the $2000 mark, but you might find someone for a tad less.

But like I said, if you want a Jackson, buy a Jackson. They may cost more than they're worth, they may not, but it will be exactly what you want, a Jackson.

1049.99 doesnt seem right, being that its the USA Custom shop model I want. I already emailed the guys at Drum City/Guitar Land and the price for the USA models are over three grand. I can't afford that even if I sold my car! (My car is an '01 Nissan Altima) and yea, that guitar is probably worth more than my car. So thats why I seek someone to build me one exactly like it but for an affordable and reasonable price. Christian has a Jackson Dinky model signature based of the custom shop and its a bolt-on, I want a neck-thru so yea.

The retail price for that particular guitar seems to be $1049.99.

PLease let me know were so I can order one.

The MSRP for the 6 string soloist on solid color is $2449. And a Custom Shop is a BIT more expensive.

Why?  Companies pump out dozens (if not hundredes) of guitars a day from their factories as opposed to spending a month or two to hand-craft a single instrument for you. 

Once again, the cheap ones are pumped at hundreds a day, custom shop are hand built. I don't think it will take 2 month only on 1 guitar, but most Custom shops have at least a 6 months return time.

But like I said, if you want a Jackson, buy a Jackson.  They may cost more than they're worth, they may not, but it will be exactly what you want, a Jackson.

This is the statement that I agree 100%.

Also, any custom builder worth his salt would not put the Jackson logo on the headstock, so if it's a Jackson you want, get a Jackson.

Thats the good thing, I wouldnt mind if the headstock didnt have the Jackson logo. Only problem is I can't afford the USA COW Model. His Dinky models are affordable but thats the thing, they are Dinky's not Soloist's and the Dinky's are bolt-on's where as his USA's are neck-thru (which is what I want). So back to my origianl question, is there anyone who can make me a replica or w/e of Christian's guitar? (no mention of price though, I wanna keep that part out for now).

Hmm, my mistake on the $1049.99 list price. That's the only price I found in Jackson's official price list for the guitar, but I guess it must not have been the custom shop one. My bad.

Also, any custom builder worth his salt would not put the Jackson logo on the headstock, so if it's a Jackson you want, get a Jackson.

Thats the good thing, I wouldnt mind if the headstock didnt have the Jackson logo. Only problem is I can't afford the USA COW Model. His Dinky models are affordable but thats the thing, they are Dinky's not Soloist's and the Dinky's are bolt-on's where as his USA's are neck-thru (which is what I want). So back to my origianl question, is there anyone who can make me a replica or w/e of Christian's guitar? (no mention of price though, I wanna keep that part out for now).

Call Tommy up at USACG and ask him what they have. They do carved tops.. they are expensive though.. But you could just go with a non carved model and save quite a bit of money. Easily under 1000 bucks by the time you're all said and done.

Otherwise, I would check out perry's site.. he's had some great examples of soloist type guitars as of late and does carved tops too.