New Flying-v Design! The Deadhead

DEADHEAD.jpg

Ok This Is a rough idea of what Im going for, I do have it on paper but my camera

died on me so It's recharging

Now This Is going to be Cool Im useing alot of my leftovers and The new OAK I found To build this one, It will be a Quilted purpleheart center, two wild Lace wood strips on each side of that, then two small strips of Flamed maple, and then two 1/2 inch thick figerd purpleheart wings, and under that will be The new Oak

Wow This Will be one Of the more elabrit multi laminate bodies that I've done yet :D

SHOULD BE FUN :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEADHEADonpaper.jpg

I was thinking of the 'cut outs' near the front to be futher back and kinda deeper  if that makes any sense

Yep I know what your saying :D And It's all ready done like that man! That's just A pic I did In like 10 seconds and It's not realy dead on

The Body on paper Is SO DEADLY, Dam camera

EDIT: Ok I had enough power to take One pic, as you can now see B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Hey...you dont think that back cutout sillouetes a scrotum do you (can I say scrotum here) :D

Just kidding...I think I like the more extreme Rob the D did...a little more evil...less just taking a hole saw to the back of a conventional V

2 cents plus tax

p

Hey...you dont think that back cutout sillouetes a scrotum do you (can I say scrotum here)

HAHAHA :D sick mind

The only reason for The More conventional design than What I normaly do Is that Im working with left overs And I want a METAL MATT Flying-V but it has to fit on the wood I have

But I do have enough Oak to do some thing Like that V as well, We shall see!

Hey...you dont think that back cutout sillouetes a scrotum do you (can I say scrotum here)

HAHAHA :D sick mind

touche...nice comeback!

Perhaps it does have a practical purpose...it would help when playing the thing seated maybe! Nice cahones, amigo :D

guitar6zsNEW.jpg

Maybe something Like this for the Oak guitar What do you guy's think

Looks like something Batman would play or something...

On another note, aren't you concerned that losing that much wood around the bridge may affect sustain? Seems like it'd be awkward to play whether you're sitting down or standing up, too.

Looks like something Batman would play or something...

On another note, aren't you concerned that losing that much wood around the bridge may affect sustain? Seems like it'd be awkward to play whether you're sitting down or standing up, too.

Well Im not so sure About how Playable It is :D but It looks cool!

I dont think I will do that one

on anouther note Im going to mod The DEADHEAD so that it's more My wild style B)

Pic's up soon

DEADHEADNEW.jpg

Bad Pic :D

Ok now I dont think I like this one I think In staying with the first V

But I will wait untill I hear what You guy's think

DEADHEADFINIAL.jpg

Ok now Hear's the new design for the DEADHEAD I realy like this one It's realy Neal Moser inspired http://www.nealmoser.com/mcstgbwv.htm

Any other suggestionsfor this design? becausee im going for it This weekend

Man, you really have a knack for this design business.. I hope you can do something professional with it. I keep thinking Neal Moser when I see your stuff.. Not that it looks ripped off or anything, but I can definitely see the influence..

It takes a great eye for form and function to make designs that are wicked, different and yet not dorky or amateur looking (or that won't physically injure you.. ha). Whatever "it" is, you got it bro.. I love seeing your new projects unfold.

Old Neal sure is stuck on those Kahler flyers huh.. I used to play a kramer with a flyer on it but it's been a loooong time.

maybe that with the revised ball sack??

when I saw that cutout was "looks like my ballsack

Is it me or is this post getting more and more male orientated?

This surley cant be a healthy sign :D

Matt that is a very cool design on paper... im liking it.. i wish i had the same skills you have...

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Cool thanks guy's Im realy likeing this One so im going for it

I'll post some project pic's as I go :D

Ok what do you guy's think of this one being a set neck 7-string with one EMG-707