New Flying-v Design! The Deadhead

is it all the dribbling glue that makes it so sexy Matt??

The Tormenter sounds like a cool name....I donno what kind of torture stuff you could put on  I'll check with my girlfriend she know's a lot about the medival period so she'll know about that sort of stuff.

I like your doodling on the wood

its gonna be a sweet guitar  I want's it

good luck!

Glue?? who said that was glue :D HAHAHAHAHA--look I made a dirty joke :D

Ya I still like The Tormenter, and that would be cool if your girlfriend could come up with something because you should See the stuff that pop's up when I do a few search's for torture stuff B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Don't laugh at my guitar doduling  :D

No reason to laugh at your doodlings - in fact I luurve the lower wing... It's a stronger design than the deadhead V :D

I'd also ask my girl about torture (she certainly knows a lot about that too :DB)), but really, what's with the fixation with killin' implements ?

Anyway, 'nother name you might want to consider, especially if you're going to go for that headstock would be "The Claw"... you could even add graphics such as this on the fingerboard or headstock:

TheClawMap.gif

No reason to laugh at your doodlings - in fact I luurve the lower wing... It's a stronger design than the deadhead V

I'd also ask my girl about torture (she certainly knows a lot about that too  ), but really, what's with the fixation with killin' implements ?

Anyway, 'nother name you might want to consider, especially if you're going to go for that headstock would be "The Claw"... you could even add graphics such as this on the fingerboard or headstock:

SH*T That's cool I like that Inlay idea that could still work with the Tormenter Idea

And the fixation with killin' implements well the voice's in my head make me do that I realy dont want to :D I like fluffy pink bunny shaped guitars :D

You gave Me another GREAT idea man THE MANDIBLE

EDIT: no I think I like You name beter It fit's the design and the headstock and It's a great theam

So Welcome THE CLAW

!!METAL MATT!! B)

On headstock ideas has anybody done something similar to steve vai's jem the handle part. I don't think it would quite fit this guitar but it might. Although the headstocks shape would be better sharpened and more triangular. I was going to draw it out but I don't know what to use and how to post it(copy and paste?). Someone let me know if this has been done. For a name what about TM The Tormenting Mayhem. Too long probably. Jason

For the inlay what if you put a guillotine(sp?) blade shape at the 12th fret and then did a vine with the rope from the blade going up the rest of the fretboard? It would basically make your fretboard look like a guillotine(sp?). If you really wanted to get morbid you could add a severed head on the higher frets. Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, just trying to help.

On headstock ideas has anybody done something similar to steve vai's jem  the handle part.  I don't think it would quite fit this guitar but it might.  Although the headstocks shape would be better sharpened and more triangular. I was going to draw it out but I don't know what to use and how to post it(copy and paste?). Someone let me know if this has been done.  For a name what about TM The Tormenting Mayhem. Too long probably. Jason

yea, my buddy is doing something like that for his guitar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/cur...eldsGuitar1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/cur...eldsGuitar2.jpg

Lookin good Matt!!

I will have to post a picture of my 7 string design...

Curtis

Ya I rember that one! how's it coming sofar any new pic's?

And I would like to see the new 7-string design

i dont really know, he took it home so he could sand the crap outta it, he was carving it too, he said he was going to finish the carve by hand, and start the neck at home too, i will try and get a few pics from him

let me try and find the picture, if i cant dig it up, i will just do a quick one and that be that

Curtis

......................................damn, I'm speechless! That guitar has an incredible look and design. Even better than I was expecting. And that was incredibly quick. Now thats truly the work of a great artist. I still think it would be cool to incorperate the W or M instead of flying V. It just reminds me of a W with the cutout in the center. But flying W would sound dumb so you would have to come up with a whole new idea. Like a Rippin W or Wicked W or something like that. Something fresh. I know its probably too similar in shape, but I still think it would be a nice change. You could do a whole new line of designs with the names that you like such as the tormentor, the claw, and all the other that have crossed your mind. It would really be a great product for the metal and rock community. I think alot of the V designs are boring and old. Your designs are really a great stride in the right direction. I think alot of people would really like to have these options, something a little darker, more metal and meaner. So keep it up so we have some better suited guitars for our kind. Jason

WOW thanks guy's Im realy Happy with this new design and I just love this whole Oak thing it's extremly easy to work with and I realy think it's going to sound great

Now Im trying to think up some cool bevels and shapes for the tops I realy want to give the design that whole wing look! any ideas?

MAYBE something like this, but i dont think it would work just like that one

batwing1.jpg

Claw11234.jpg

Ok Im thinking something like this all the way round

I think the bevel ideas is ok but dont go over the top..

HAHAHA :D Not me I would never go over the Top B)

!!NOT!!

Hey Matt, that top I think would be perfect. What wood are you going to use for the top? Maybe you could do a thin top and then add a few strips that would extend from mid body down to the tips of the wings. Kinda look like sharp ribs. Like 2 down each side. Starting about where the bridge would be and curving with the wings. One that extends down to the longest point, and the other would go to the next short point. Lookin good Matt keep us drooling with the updates. Is oak ever considered for neck wood? Is it hard enough or too hard or just right? Jason

Is oak ever considered for neck wood? Is it hard enough or too hard or just right? Jason

Im not realy sure Yet man I've been hearing both side's of it, It's no good,

it work's great :D I dont even Know How it will work as a body

working with Oak guitars is all new to me man :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

WELL Your kinda saying what I was thinking This new design should have two styles so Im going nut's on the Oak body (I HAVE DARK IDEAS)

I may keep It hush hush untill It's all done!! Drak Has an Idea Of what Im up to

But the purpleheart and Oak body Is going to be softer but still just as deadly!!

and still a 7-string :D

It's like the Beauty and the BEAST

Awesome lookin stuff man. The original b/w drawings don't do it justice. I like the beveling idea too, think it'll make it very wing like. The cutouts in the notch of the V don't look as generic in the real body as they do in the illustration. What you have looks more organic.. almost flame like. Very cool.