New Flying-v Design! The Deadhead

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have a gift for design Matt. Yup, I would go for a 7.

Hmmm... Wallpaper looks familiar. 

Sound's cool man I love my 7-strings :D And I wounder Where I got that wallpaper :D Thanks again man There realy helping out! for more that just fretboards :D

QUOTE(Godin SD @ May 19 2005, 09:53 PM)

personally I've seen enough V's out there.  But thats just me 

I would like too see a new orginal double cutaway design that looks cool...

How much I have to agree with you Godin! In fact I am damning myself trying to come up with the perfect design for me...

Well for me any way Almost all of my designs have been double cutaway's of some sort so building a Flying-V is orginal for me! :-)

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Hey, uh, Matt, I don't mean to pee on you guys' metalhead party but...

The first one looked like some chick's butt got pushed up in there

The second one looked like (as the man said) somebody's testicles

And the latest one? I'm seeing the silhouette of a bald guy's head, ears and all.... :D:D

Hey, uh, Matt, I don't mean to pee on you guys' metalhead party but...

The first one looked like some chick's butt got pushed up in there

The second one looked like (as the man said) somebody's testicles

And the latest one? I'm seeing the silhouette of a bald guy's head, ears and all.... 

HAHAHA :D Ok OK just wait until she's all done! Man these black and white drawings Are realy making peoples Twisted imaginations Fly :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

personally I've seen enough V's out there.  But thats just me :D

I would like too see a new orginal double cutaway design that looks cool...

Me too!!...but then you were the only one who thought my original reverse strat design was any good! :D

Still...at least the metal guys are prepared to go out on a limb...just a little too much of the gothic going on around PG these days...makes a change from PRS clones but...

As long as you're doing a "top" you should remove some of the Oak's weight in the bass side wing. You can route a hollow cavity or drill it out with a bunch of 1/2" holes. I think it would help the guitar balance better. You're coming in pretty far at the neck joint, so your strap button on the neck side will be disadvantaged. Hollowing the top wing might make it easier for you to hold it in proper balance. Looks good, though.

Hey man That's cool cant please everyone right! I just dont know What it is about this one but the full size paper design Is so DEADLY man I realy love this design

I can see it in my head And that's how I know it's good

You'll be back to the DARK SIDE B) once you see the finished guitar!!

Ya im going to see the new Star Wars movie :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

You know what I like this one SO MUCH Im building 2-3 of the dam things :D

1.First guitar will be 7-string- perpuleheart,lace wood,maple,perpuleheart,Oak

2.next guitar will be an all Oak 6-string dyed red

3.well im thinking a maple body painted black with white binding 8-string! but that depends on My good friend Canuck Brian B)

Well The same One But wider to compensate for The Larger parts :D

I was thinking of a V style up until recently. basically the cutawayof the bottom section of a gibson moderne with a sweep like the upper horn and mirror it on the otherside, which i think would look damn cool!

Rob

Edited by Asomodai

I was thinking of a V style up until recently. basically the cutawayof the bottom section of a gibson moderne with a sweep like the upper horn and mirror it on the otherside, which i think would look damn cool!

Rob

Are you any good with "My paint"

Well draw one Up man! Let's have a look

Well The same One But wider to compensate for The Larger parts :D

Now you're going too far...I'm reporting your to the indecency patrol B)

Anyway, you got me thinking....my kid wants me to make him a guitar for his birthday, maybe I'll make him a V.... (he's only 4, it's gonna be a small one...)

Ok I ran In to some trouble with the jointer last night I had some tear out But I did fix it however Now I need two more strips of wood on eaither side of the lace wood I need your guy's oppion on What wood I should use

what I have sofar Is

Purpleheart,lace wood on either side of that, flamed maple on either side of that

and more Purpleheart for the wings

I have to chouse from is paduk or mahogany or I could buy some ebony

what do you guy's think would look best?

So, are these strips going between the maple and lacewood? If so, I think the ebony would look best. If they are going between the lacewood and the purpleheart, I would say padauk- that would give it a real sweet color transition.

Is the oak going to be the top? Do you have pics of it?

So, are these strips going between the maple and lacewood? If so, I think the ebony would look best. If they are going between the lacewood and the purpleheart, I would say padauk- that would give it a real sweet color transition.

Is the oak going to be the top? Do you have pics of it?

Ya It's going between the maple and the lace wood So im thinking Ebony or more

purpleheart since I have a ton of the stuff kicking around

and The oak Is on the back of the Wings, no pic's yet the hole thing is waiting on the new strips of wood That i need :D

headstockrough.jpg

Ok this is the new headstock design I came up with for this guitar but i think it could work for the IMPALER as well

what do you guy's think, should I go with this one?

WOW that's UGLY :D the botom half look's cool but the top half look's way outa place and tryhardish, but that's just me B)