Guitar Of The Month For June

Time once again to vote!  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, pretty poor month imo. Usually there's at least one guitar that screams at me but none of them do that this month. That said, I voted for the string through.

I'd just like to clarify that my statement is not meant to be an attack on the guitars, the builders or the work. It's just my opinion.

Well Of course I Voted for the IMPALER! It made Me do It thrented to KILL me in my sleep if I dident :D

Watch out!! It may come for you!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

I'm having trouble making up my mind...

On the one hand, I'm leaning toward the Impaler --even though personally I hate the design and would never play a guitar like that :D -- I think the execution is excellent, and like I said elsewhere, I think it's a true, original design that could hold up with any other professional guitar design.

On the other hand, I'm really digging that Screaming Blue Gargoyle...the color, the f-hole, the pickguard are all amazing...but the problem I have with it is the telecaster shape --I really wish there was something a little more original there...

I tend to handicap the pros too...so that's putting Matt ahead a bit (even though he voted for himself...that shouldn't be allowed).

Well, I'm going to have to think about this one for a few days...but I don't agree with feylya, I think all of the guitars are really well made, if nothing else.

A "slow" month with only 4 entries but certainly not slow in the craftsmanship department.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...toddler's neck build made me go out and buy some padauk. Todder gets my vote (despite his covering up the neck lams on the body....just kidding!!!!).

I REALLY wanted too vote for matt because I think hees a cool guy who makes awesome guitars but I REALLY liked the back of toddlers guitar.

I diddn't care for the front but it looks like he did a good job of making it miror-gloss.

But that back just looks amazing :D:D

Sorry matt toddler has my vote B)

PS: Sorry I couldn't make it too this month. We wen't on a 3 day vacation so I couldn't work on it. It would have been done if not for that...

Edited by Godin SD

Wow....another tough month :D

Ragas and Matt...you have a great knack for design and I'm sure you are both going to go somewhere with that.

toddler68...holy crap man, that carve is sweet!! The longer I looked at it the more detail I saw and that finish is perfect. Great work!!

rhoads...great original style and touch to a classic shape. I would have never thought headless when I thought tele.

My opinions for what they're worth.

Oh, and I voted for......... :D

I tend to handicap the pros too...so that's putting Matt ahead a bit (even though he voted for himself...that shouldn't be allowed).

Hey ya know what That's a good Point idch!! I think that If you enter GOTM You shouldn't be allowed vote for that month I realy think that would Make more sence!

And beside's I would Have voted for toddler but by the look's of things He dosent need My help :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Toddler, I'm so sorry, but I just can't vote for a guitar that doesn't show the neck laminates on top. :DB)

Actually, Metal Matt gets my vote. The guitar is an excellent blend of cool exotic woods and crazy mega awesome metalness. The execution is also dang near perfect.

Great job, all of you guys! :D

Hey, if the presidential candidates are allowed to vote, then why shouldn't you all be.  People don't always vote for themselves. 

Yep, that's a good point. I didn't vote for my guitar when I entered --it was too clearly outclassed. Matt's can stand up with any of the others there.

Of course, we all know that Bush voted for the Rev. Al Sharpton... :D

i like the ORMSBY guitar because it has the guts to go headstockless! To take the TEle shape and bastardize it was a great idea as was adding 'f holes'.

the Metal one is quite cliched and relies on 'evilness' to get it noticed.

the other two are quite forgettable

that was a pretty degrading post ^^^^

I am having lots of trouble voting, I thought for sure it was going to be the V, or the Impaler, but i think i will haave to think about it for a few hours....

Curtis

Every time I have tried to vote in GOTM it says I have already voted in that poll. This time I just did the null vote and it still said I already voted. ***? :D

you can not view the votes before you cast yours.you must cast your vote first,otherwise it will count it as a null vote.

why lookat the way it's going before voting anyway?just vote for the one you like and don't worry about what everyone else is doing

evilelvis  Posted Today, 07:11 PM

Hey, your first post and you probably already ticked off half the people here!! What a great start.......... :D

BTW where is YOUR guitar????

clown.jpg

On behalf of everyone at the receiving end of that post

1) Extend either arm at an approximately 90° angle perpendicular to the body.

2) Bend arm at the elbow. Position it parallel to the body, forming three sides of a perfect square.

3) Close palm tightly.

4) Fiercely upturn digit between pointer and ring finger.

5) Hold approximately 10 seconds to a minute for emphasis.

Welcome to the forum evilelvis

!!METAL MATT!! :D