Guitar Of The Month For June

Time once again to vote!  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only reason I didnt vote the Impaler is because although I loved the initial shape drawings and the execution, I just thought it looked a bit squishy in the end and the headstock sorta didnt do any justice to the evilness of the rest of it :D

Just my humble opinion, and not having anything of my own to show off I understand it doesn't hold much weight... but yeah :D

If it was a 6 string with possibly a more insane headstock, it would have had my vote - even over the ormsby.

- Dan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to vote for the impaler... Not sure what it is but it just looks so good... (could also be the odd death threat coming from the guitar...) :D

Great work Matt... and thats not saying the rest were bad... i think all the guitars this month have been great...hard work deciding but Matts guitar does it for me this time

~~ Slain Angel ~~

brilliant entries,

matt you would have got my vote except i have a gripe with the headstock, otherwise she is a beauty.

toddler, lovely, have a vote.

WOW It look's Like That dam headstock realy cost Me Ohwell now I know

And now I can fix it B)

Is there anything else That could use work On the IMPALER?

And dont worrie I have The IMPALER chained up in a cage so It wount harm You :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

And now I can fix it B)

i think you need to build your guitars the way YOU want them to look...not the way mainstream america wants it to be so that you can win an internet forum contest.

if you TRULY build a stunning guitar,no matter the style,you will get the votes.but maybe what you like is not what others like.

what would you rather have...a guitar you love to play,or one that everyone else likes the looks of?

And now I can fix it :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

i think you need to build your guitars the way YOU want them to look...not the way mainstream america wants it to be so that you can win an internet forum contest.

if you TRULY build a stunning guitar,no matter the style,you will get the votes.but maybe what you like is not what others like.

what would you rather have...a guitar you love to play,or one that everyone else likes the looks of?

Dont get me wrong I dont care If I win or not I just want To get all the oppions I can on how The IMPALER could be a beter design I may agree with some and Some are a total waste of time but any and all info, idea's, oppions that I can get will only help me be better at what I do

I just want to know What people dont like about my designs so that I can become beter and beter at what I Love B)

Do Ya know what I mean :D

:D WOD B) Sorry man what did I miss hear :D

is this one of your guitar's that your giveing to the IMPALER to chew on B)

just kiding

Gotta give it to matt on this one,all the guitars are excellently crafted,the v has a wicked finish on it, toddlers is minimalist but very effective and the ormsby is...unique,sorry but I'm not really feeling the design but ormsby does nice work. Congrats to all entries.

Matt, WOD is the Wall of Death, and that thing main course are guitars, so I would keep the impaler away from it :D , this month was a bit easier for me to vote compared to the last 3 or 4. Great selection, but there was one that spoke to me, too bad he covered the neck thru, but he already learned from that haven't YOU!!!!

Everybody else, great job, Perry, as always flawless craftsmanship, just that the finish and shape didn't spoke to me this time like the 7 string and the GOTM before that did!!!, Matt and Ragas, outstanding evil guitars, I should have thrown my green guitar, just to keep the pointy guitars up.

Matt, an omnipotent silhoute no doubt, and beautifull workmanship from what I can see. I especially appreciate the natural finish accompanied by such a mathMATTical body contour - balances out real smooth. Raqa, that headstock is absolutely amazing, it reflects the body to perfection. But with your skill at woodworking, why not do your own neck too. The only turn off was not using a matching grain/finish on the control cavity. Rhoads, an absolutely gorgeous finish. I can't help but admire the classic tele with a pleasant - though unexpected - twist. Toddler, your interpretation of a classic design is fantastic. That coupled with your choice of cap and laminates, along with a seamingly flawless finish has gained my vote this month. All of you are among the elite of this forum , and I hope to gain more incites - both in design and technical use - from all of you this year.

Nate Robinson

Tough.

Okay, before I start, I must admit - my main guitar is a B.C.Rich Warlock.

But with those big sharp nasty pointy designs it is all a thing of balance... And normally I prefer metal guitars to be black. Not wood...

When voting for these guitars, I mainly think of "If I had no guitar at all right now, and were given the choice of getting one of those for free, which one would I choose?" and obviously other things come also up.

I do not like Vs at all at present. Could change, but that prevents me from giving Ragas my vote. And I am not good enough to play a fretless, too...

Metal Matts... Hmm... I didn't like the shape - a guy could kill himself on those sharp horns... And the headstock sucks.

I like toddler's very much, but there's something wrong with the colour for me. That yellowed guitar looks as if it was sick to me. Although - seems like a good work to me... The top is really interesting.

I also don't like Teles. But this one is really great for what it was conceived for. But I don't like what it was conceived for.

So, this month no guitar really got me.

And if someone votes for himself, he should at least not tell everybody. I think that lost you quite some votes, Matt.

All in all, referring to the beginning question, I probably should choose toddler's. But I just cannot get over my dislike of that sick yellowy colour.

After all this ranting... I vote for Matt's, because he did a beautiful job especially considering his age (ok he's older than me... But I haven't built a guitar yet, so...)

I agree with Mr Churchyard, I'm gonna pick as if I'm gettin' the guitar for free (but not to resell...heh)

The Ragas is nice, and I've always wanted a fretless, but I like guitars I can sit on my leg when I play...

toddlers is a great design and finish...very nice indeed. I wonder about the weight though with that maple cap and I like to have a neck pickup...

the Ormsby probably a great playing guitar, but I've never liked those big scratchplates on Tele's

Matt's has got nice woodwork, probably nice 'n light, will play nice sitting down, has a neck pickup...and it's a 7-string !

I'm going for Matt's...I don't mind the headstock

fretless V is really nice, looks like it's singed which really attracts me to it.

The impaler is awesome. this was a hard vote.

the neck through doesn't do it for me. the horns are too squared and that doesnt do it for me. don't let my opinion discourage you! lol

the gargoyle is a nice piece, but the V takes it all, with the Impaler one step behind it. I hope matt doesn't chase me with that and then have the guitar live up to its name haha.

-Jamie

When voting for these guitars, I mainly think of "If I had no guitar at all right now, and were given the choice of getting one of those for free, which one would I choose?"

Well, if I did it that way, the only guitar in this batch that would suit me would be the Gargoyle...no way I'd be seen dead holding one of those other guitars!

On the other hand, the Gargoyle's a pro guitar --and I handicap the professionals. Maybe if he's altered the telecaster shape a bit more? (Then again, Girl Brand guitars use the same shape and I'd KILL for one of them...hmmm.....)

But I really dig Matt's enthusiasm about all this and I think that should be rewarded! (and that's why I don't hold it against him that he voted for himself...)

I don't mind the headstock shape, though it is a little underpowered....it's those huge UGLY ferrules that bother me...just a minor point though...

Yeah, so I'm still wrestling between the Gargoyle and the Impaler...

(Edit: later that same day...I finally voted for Matt....only to discover that the neck through is kicking some serious ass! Well, the construction is excellent, that's for sure, but it looks too much like a tree trunk for me... :D

Edited by idch

Not that it really seems to matter anymore, barring some miracle :D

Then again... there is at least 100 computers at uni I could vote on.... :D

- Dan

IMPALER!!!! it threatened to eat my children......and i dont have any!? c'mon guys....it doesnt just speak to you....it threatens to destroy your life and burn your taxes the day before theyre due. nice job matt....the impaler will forever be the perfect guitar in my head.

I really like all four entries !!!

The fretless V has a wonderful cello vibe going... Shame about the dodgy pic quality that doesn't really let one make an informed decision.

Matt's Impaler is a true original, which is no small feat, and the purpleheart is an inspired choice for such an aggressive design...

Toddler's neck-through is very well thought out and put together - very attractive, just a bit too glossy for my taste (might have been even more beautiful with matching veneer on headstock).

As for the Ormsby... well I'm a sucker for headless guitars, there isn't a classier shape around than the Tele's... and it's pretty much flawless in execution (and it's the only one I've heard, too, which defo counts for something)...

So the Gargoyle it is for me this time, with the Impaler a very, very close second... but again... (please go back to top...)

Edited by Redstein