Guitar Of The Month For June

Time once again to vote!  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

toddler, wow. i watched your topic religiously throughout the creation of that thing. i love it, all the way through. brilliant electronics, gorgeous look, ingenious and creative design. mad props, sir, that is one incredible axe.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raqa, I didn't mean any insult by asking why you didn't make your own neck. And it is obviously not against the rules, it's just that your craftsmanship apears to be superb on the body. It just struck me that seeing filled in frets on such a beautiful instrument was sad in a way.

Nate Robinson

You are an idiot. I made a comment meaning I did build my own neck, so I took it as an insult. The fretboard is stained and I removed the stain to mark the frets after masking it off. The picture may not be the greatest but if you see the closeup of the fretboard you will notice the grain runs through the fret markers, not filled in. If you ask you will get the answers you need. It's just that I am saying something now about how people vote cause I am in the GOTM this month and most people make stupid assumptions and have stupid ways of voting but thats everyone's right. Like whoever said a fretless is beyond their skills so they didn't vote for it, that's just stupid, don't take out your lack of skill on the rest of us, or voting cause someone used a color you don't like. I just think most people miss the point of custom guitars. Everyone this month and most months for that matter are very well built and beautiful instruments and I think there are too many idiots who seem to miss that and have to give their reasoning for voting. I'd rather not get any votes and not hear the reasoning for it than to hear all these stupid reasons for voting. And if a guitar looks too metal for you it's probably because that was the intention.

You're not being a sore loser are you Ragas?? You sound like a whiney kid mate, chill out. Who gives a toss what peoples opinions are. The people buying your guitar dont care for their opinion...

I make guitars for ME, and for my CLIENTS. If half of PG.com doesn't like a particular guitar, but my client who is spending $2000+ with me, LOVES it, who do you think i care the most about??

Stop crying and go make some more wood dust...

Oh, and im not having a dig, just sharing my opinion :D:D

Nice group! :D Loved the evil Impaler and the medieval torture-chamber charm of that smokin' V, and you have to call anybody who'll decapitate an innocent Tele without hesitation an accomplished villian, but getting that kind of a gloss out of Tru Oil is truly the devil's work! :D Nice job, all!!

Stop crying and go make some more wood dust...

No ****....guy makes these evil, devil-worship guitars then gets his knickers in a knot over a little criticism...don't make sense....

Id say the devil actually worships the guitars, not the other way around :D

THE DEVIL IS A WIMP

:D

On the one hand, I sort of agree with Ragas that people cast their votes for some really weird reasons that I will never figure out.

But then, nobody is twisting your arm to enter your guitar and subject it to the criticism of the GOTM masses either!

If you don't like the way people vote, don't enter the GOTM and just enjoy it for yourself as Perry mentioned, and I agree with. I've made some custom designs that 'traditional' types have had a good laugh at, didn't bother me at all, -I- liked it and that's the only thing that mattered.

My favorite rememberance was when I made a close copy of Jerry Garcia's 'Wolf' guitar shape, and this one gal on another forum said it looked like a dancing Butterball turkey!

Hahahahaa!! We both laughed, even tho I think the guitar looks pretty metal myself, and once she said that, I could see where she got it, but I think it looks quite gothic metal really.

And since I am 'all' about the natural woods and finishes this year, Toddler's guitar was right up my alley.

See, isn't that a stoooopid reason to cast a vote? Hahhahahahaa!!! :D:D

well.i once built a guitar which alot of people didn't like because it had only one pickup.i built it that way because putting in a second pickup would have taken away the center of the figure of the top i used,but i heard all kinds of crap about "devalueing the instrument" and such,even though it made no sense,that is what was said.

but i would never take that stuff seriously.the guys who say that sort of thing are usually clueless.

i am not a fan of the ragas guitar.i think fretting is a very important skill and making a fretless kind of just takes away the most intricate part..but that is just me.even if it had frets i would not like it..i don't like the style,i don't like the stain job(finish is another tough part which that guitar skips right over).to be honest i think the craftsmanship is nowhere near proffesional.no grain filling,no symetry,that little scrape on the end of the fretboard where it was scarred with the sandpaper after staining and never fixed.and i have never seen a piece of wood stained so haphazardly.you can't even tell the fingerboard is bocote,except that it says it is.the site is also hosted on angelfire.i would never give business to a guy who won't pay for a pop up free site

to be honest ,i vote for craftsmanship every time.i try to think of who paid the most attention to the little details.rhoads almost always gets that award from me.even when his guitars are wierd they still are very nicely crafted.

i do like toddler's...but the string thru eyelets in the back are not anywhere close to perfect.but it is very nice otherwise and i thijnk it will look good on the homepage.don't get me wrong though...i think toddler should be proud.just do better on the eyelets next time.

see....that's the thing about criticism.it brings out the true nature of the person being criticised more than it says anything about the guitar itself.

most guys in this competition handle the criticism for what it is...just opinion,nothing more.

ragas,on the other hand,goes around calling people idiots,rather than explaining fret markers to a guy who doesn't know better.doesn't make me want to vote for him...anyone else?

personally...for fret markers i would have used red dyed maple strips.they would show up better,and the contrast would give it a nice look.but that is just me

I am referring to everyone's work, I don't care if I win or lose I am just making a general statement about people. There a a lot of people around the world who love my work and yes I do things differently sometimes, like not filling the grain to keep a natural look, and the scrape is actually sanded all the way around the fretboard to give it a little border, pictures and site suck but I have no money to build full time. I was just making a comment about someone in particular cause there was a false assumption about my work made twice by the same person. As for everyone else I was just venting about stupidity. Yes the guitar was built for me, I love it and it doesn't matter I just like to vent sometimes about stupd things, has nothing to do with the contest. I have called people stupid in other parts of this forum before because people do ask and say dumb things all the time.

I am referring to everyone's work, I don't care if I win or lose I am just making a general statement about people.  There a a lot of people around the world who love my work and yes I do things differently sometimes, like not filling the grain to keep a natural look,  and the scrape is actually sanded all the way around the fretboard to give it a little border, pictures and site suck but I have no money to build full time.  I was just making a comment about someone in particular cause there was a false assumption about my work made twice by the same person.  As for everyone else I was just venting about stupidity.  Yes the guitar was built for me, I love it and it doesn't matter I just like to vent sometimes about stupd things, has nothing to do with the contest.  I have called people stupid in other parts of this forum before because people do ask and say dumb things all the time.

Your choice to call someone a name, rather than to simply disagree and support your argument is just that -- your choice.. But it's a choice that either says a lot about your age, or maturity, or both. . Disagreements are perfectly fine, but resorting to name calling doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It just discredits you.

Just apologise already and we'll all think your a grand guy again. :D

Maybe you don't need to tho, since you have a world-wide cult following, superstar luthiers like that rarely need apologise for anything. :D

I'm thinking TV show here, sort of like Emeril Live, where you build a guitar in front of a live audience every week with an in-house band and applause signs and crack jokes and stuff. I can see that in your future. :D:DB)

superstar luthier?? Is that above or below a MASTER luthier. Had a guy email me a month or so back.... loved the work i do, loved the price. Wanted to know if i was a luthier or a master luthier. Told him there is no difference, as its a self appointed title, and he said he couldnt go ahead unless he got proof of my official qualifications, and i needed to be a MASTER LUTHIER, cause a standard ol' luthier wouldnt be good enough :D:)

celebraty luthier, or luthier to the celebraties?

delete celeb pic

delete celeb pic

delete celeb pic

delete celeb pic

God damnit, where are the other pics when you need them B)

Wait until you find out which TV star is coming to see me for some guitar stuff after he gets back from Zakk Wyldes party next week :D Oh god, the name dropping is insane....

B):D:D

These are tough to vote for because we chat with each other every day. I also don't like to reveal my vote because I don't want the others to feel bad. I certainly don't like to critique the other guitars for the same reason.

That said, I think this monthly thing should have a couple of basic rules applied. I don't think pros should be allowed. Or at least, there should be a separate Pro Class for them. Secondly, to enter, your guitar should be totally scratch built. That includes the neck. Crap, how can you grade a guitar that is totally scratch built against one that has a purchased or salvaged neck? Maybe there should be a Scratch Built Class and a Project Class for the guitars that have parts that were not built by the contestant.

I know, I know. It's already too complicated. It's just something I've been thinking for a long time and thought I'd finally voice it.

Other than that, congratulations to all you four entered guitars, for starting and finishing your projects. That's the main thing.

Dave

Deleted post...deleted pics... I can't stand this BS anymore... who can stay on front of the darn monitor all day to see the darn things before they get deleted!!!! I need PG on Demand! were is that button, *rewind-stop-playback* can I see the pics!!??!!??

Deleted post...deleted pics... I can't stand this BS anymore... who can stay on front of the darn monitor all day to see the darn things before they get deleted!!!! I need PG on Demand! were is that button, *rewind-stop-playback* can I see the pics!!??!!??

How about, NO. :D

I saw them, pretty good. Was the last guy Scott Ian from Anthrax?

Oh yeah, great job Toddler, you got my vote. The Impaler was second on my list, good job Matt. Good job to all the entries this month too!