Need Some Opinions On Your Favorite Sg's

I just wanted to get some opinions on everybodies favorite model of Gibson SG? It doesn't matter if it's new, vintage or reissue. I see so many models and I would like some experienced opinions of the pros and cons of all the different types. Also would like to know if there is any company that does a SG type kit to build? Thanks for your valuable information. Jason

from what I've played in shops (who goes into a guitar shop to buy anything these days!):

the epi SG's arn't too bad (played there custom and one of the standards) the upper fret access on all set net SG's is soo amazingly good....

I prefer the looks of the full scratch plate versions rather than the littler scratchplate..

in general I think SG's have got a lot of good high's and mids but just don't have the bass I like....:PI'm still planning on making one though.......

I've had 2 SG's...a '67 Standard and a '61 SG/Les Paul Custom (with rare ebony tailpiece)

I prefer the neck on the earlier (pre-'63) ones with the wider nut

I checked out one of the newer Gibson Custom Shop SG Special reissue..that's nice..but expensive

If I had my choice I'd have a '61 SG/Les Paul Standard and one of those SG Special reissues (for P90 sound)