Need To Know Which Order String Trees Go In?help

I need some help, I took off my string trees on my Ibanez and now I would like to put them back on but I don't recall which of the two go closest to the nut, the short one or the tall one, my guess is the tall one goes closest to the nut. I took them off because I got the staggered Sperzel locking tuners(which are great) and I figured I take them off because I didn't feel I needed them anymore, but a fellow musician let me know that it's better to have them to get the angle from the nut which helps with a few things such as tuning and string breakage. So now that I want to put them back on I can't remember which one goes where, I looked all over the net and couldn't find that info or a close enough picture to see that detail. Thanks for your much neede info.

My friend didn't know, he hasn't seen them with two sizes. And like I posted I couldn't get any pictures with the right angle and detail. I searched all over from guitar building sites, product pages and everything in between. But thank you for your very useful information.

Thank you MrChurchyard that was what I was thinking but I just couldn't be sure. So with staggered Sperzels there's no need for string trees. The angle to the short posts is big enough to have no need for the trees? Somewhere I read that you can take them off when you put the Sperzels on, but wasn't sure if the angle was ok, because my headstock isn't angled. It sits back do to the truss rod adjustment, but its parallel to the fingerboard. Anyway thank you very much for your answer it helped out a lot.

Sorry that quote you put was more of a question, I'm still a little unsure that without the string trees that my angle is enough. I've even had my high E string slip out of the nut when I was wiping the guitar down. So if there is anymore input it would help a lot. BTW these tuners are a great improvement on stock tuners and gets rid of multiple windings on the posts. I have a set of gold grovers on my acoustic and I like like those a lot too, no complaints what so ever, but I feel the locking feature is a vast improvement for any tuners. As far as the staggering goes it seems to be very little in size difference, possibly not enough to lose the string trees. A good concept none the less. Jason