Problem with my Marshall

rokstr

I may have brought this up before, but I REALLY need to figure this out.

I have a Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee. I have had a problem for the past few months with my second channel. Here's the deal:

My second channel is on 10 to equal the level of my first channel on 2.5. It sucks. I've lost my ability to get good feedback, there's not much sustain because I can't manipulate the amp at a low level.

I've retubed it twice in the past year. I play it maybe 8-10 hours a week.

Any ideas?

Was it any better right after the re-tube?

:D

It had a little more sustain after retubing, but that's it. There was no change in the level problem.

I'd take it to a tech, but they charge WAY too much just to look at the damn thing. Also, the ones I've called don't even know what amp I'm talking about. They say "We're certified to repair Marshalls." But, when I ask them if they know my amp they're confused. They typically say "What model is it? I've never heard of that."

And of course Marshall has specs on all of their amps online EXCEPT for this amp.

I wont ever have this problem cause I would never buy a Marshall :D

I had one for bass, and hated it. And told Jim Marshall that. I ended up using Trace Elliot, but don't use a bass amp anymore - If I gig bass I use a PA amp with 2 1x15" cabs.

Horses for courses I suppose, but I even prefer the tone of my Peavey Express 112 to Marshall! As for my boogie .22......

Anyway - the problem. Drop Marshall an email and ask their advice? they can liase with your local repair centre I'd have thought.

B)

LOL, Well I play Crates, and Randalls. They give me NICE distortion and Solid smooth tone. But the last Crate I bought from Musicians Friend, (mx120r) came with a cracked corner, its still solid, and im not gunna send it back, just cause UPS will probably **** this one up too. But, man I hope you get your marshall fixed, I dont like to see anyone not being able to play there ****. Even if it is a Marshall.. LOL

LATER - SCOTT :D

it doesn't sound like it will be too expensive to fix. just take it in and say it's a "slash signiture model" they will know what to do then. they're one in the same. i have a feeling it's just a cap or resistor or maybe a bad diode in the gain stages of the second chanel.

if the bastards say they are a legit marshall service repair center then they should know your amp. i thought everyone has heard they immortal jubilee. call marshall and tell them these guys don't know their arse from their elbow. :D

it doesn't sound like it will be too expensive to fix. just take it in and say it's a "slash signiture model" they will know what to do then. they're one in the same. i have a feeling it's just a cap or resistor or maybe a bad diode in the gain stages of the second chanel.

if the bastards say they are a legit marshall service repair center then they should know your amp. i thought everyone has heard they immortal jubilee. call marshall and tell them these guys don't know their arse from their elbow. :D

Yeah, I should contact Marshall about that. It's really frustrating. I figured it would be a cheap fix, but the "Certified" Marshall repair shop near here charges $35 to look at it, then $60/hour for repairs. That to me is RIDICULOUS!

I found a local guy here that builds and services vintage amps, he said he'd look at it for free and just charge me for parts because he likes my band. That's great, but I'm a little skeptical about it.

I have a Marshall Valvestate that I really like. I can't get feedback on it either. I just assumed that it was the location (basement, concrete,...) that was screwing me up. I also get a real muddy sound when I try to boost the lows to a range that I think I should be able to. I still like the sound of it though - certainly enough to not want to fork out $$ for a new amp.