Wiring Schematic For Washburn Bantam 5 String Bass

To start off with guys, I did look through the electronics tutorials on the main page and did a search, but I couldn't come up the info I am looking for. If anybody can help, I would appreciate it.

I need a wiring schematic for a Washburn batam bass. The guitar has two single coil pickups, with one volume and one tone control, and one three way toggle switch.

I want to wire it up so that the switch selects each pickup individually, or both pickups in the middle position, and the volume and tone controls both pickups. Can anyone help me with this ?

I need a wiring schematic for a Washburn batam bass. The guitar has two single coil pickups, with one volume and one tone control, and one three way toggle switch.

Which model is that? I have a Washburn Bantam XB-500, and it has two active soapbar humbuckers, and the controls are either vol/bal/treble/bass or vol/bal/bridge-tone/neck-tone, I'm not sure.. I think it's the first. No switches whatsoever, and definitely no single coils :D

Hey WT B) It is an XB125. According to the Washburn archive page, it has two Washburn stock soapbar pickups like you said. The neck position is a Washburn 951 and the bridge is a Washburn 953.

I did not think that these soapbar pickups were double coil. Are they ? :D

Anyway, I recently had to replace the 3 way switch and now its not working correctly. I must have made some mistake, but I can't think what it is. So, I wanted to know if anyone had a schematic for the standard factory wiring of this pickup/control pot/switch configuration.

Like I said, it has the two soapbars, a 3 way toggle, one volume and one tone pot. The way it used to work was the first position on the switch was for the neck pickup, the middle was for both, and the last was for the bridge pickup. the volume and tone pots controlled both, depending on what the switch was set for.

Any ideas ? :D

Hey WT  :D  It is an XB125. According to the Washburn archive page, it has two Washburn stock soapbar pickups like you said. The neck position is a Washburn 951 and the bridge is a Washburn 953.

I did not think that these soapbar pickups were double coil. Are they ?  :D

Hmm.. I'd always thought they were. And if you do a Google search for "washburn xb-500" most of the links on the first result page say that they are humbuckers.

Who knows.. I couldn't find any info on the pickups on the Washburn site.

The pickups on my bass are the same, 951 and 953..

Sorry I can't help with the main question. I might be able to figure out what's wrong if you posted the schematic you currently have wired.

Ok, WT, I sat down last night and drew out the schematic for the bass. What I don't understand is, when I replaced the 3way switch, all I did was move the leads on the old switch, to the exact same positions on the new switch. I did not make any other changes. But after I was done, I could not get it to work, until I added the strap between the first and second posts on the volume pot. That strap was not there in the original wiring, as soon as I added that strap, everything began to work.

Anyway, here is the schematic:

Washburn%20Schematic.JPG

It seems to work correctly. The volume pot controls the volume no matter what position the switch is in, as does the tone pot. The only thing that seems strange to me is that moving the switch from one position to another does seem to change which pickup is active or whether both are active, but there does not seem to be as much difference in the sound/tone between the three possible settings as there used. :D

Of course this could be just in my head too. I am like you, the wiring is exactly the way it was before I did anything, except that after replacing the switch, I could not get it to work until I add that strap between the first and second poles on the volume pot. :D I don't get it.