Selling Off My Guitar Building Woods!

M_A_T_T

Wood sold/no longer available, thanks.

:D

Edited by M_A_T_T

Flamed Maple Drop-Top 1 and Flamed Maple Drop-Top 2 are no longer available.

EDIT: wood sold.

Edited by M_A_T_T

On the walnut piece, is that just regular glue in the joint like titebond? Would it sand out when you go to smooth it for the finish? Thanks for posting that stuff, unfortunately I have a bunch of wood on the way but I am still considering that walnut. It doesn't look perfect but I think if I could do it right it would look great. We need to have a tutorial here that shows the proper way to fix and fill a top like that with epoxy and such. I believe that Wes did a little bit of that on his beast if I remember right? Oh well, we shall see. Good luck. Later. Jason

Yes, it was glued with titebond. The piece is plenty rough in the thickness department, so I don't see it being a problem to sand out as it is thicknessed.

I'm just packaging up the woods now, so this week I'll get quotes for the shipping costs.

I've got the pieces all packaged up. The Karimaruthu set is in two separate boxes for the back & sides. I used an online shipping calculator at Canadapost.ca to get an idea of shipping costs. To calculate for Canadian shipping I need a destination postal code, so I can't calculate that myself. To calculate for USA, it goes by state, so I used Texas as an example because it's probably the farthest from BC, except for maybe Hawaii.

All prices are for U.S.A. Expedited Parcel (10 business days). All prices in Canadian dollars. All packages insured at FULL price:

Karimaruthu - Back $19.31 / Sides $16.95 (back/sides insured accordingly)

Walnut - $29.05

Mahogany - $35.89

These are just ESTIMATES. Any Canadian residents can give me their postal code and I can calculate a shipping estimate for them. Final shipping charges will vary.

The Mahogany is from my old highschool. It had been sitting on the lumber rack for a quite a few years.

The walnut is off ebay.

The acoustic set is from a luthier friend.

I buy most of my 'regular' woods from Windsor Plywood, a Canadian retailer.

I'm not sure where I'd get a money order in Canadian dollars from here in the US?

A bank. I gotten several money orders from my bank is US dollars.

Also, the Mahogany is on hold right now someone.

Edited by M_A_T_T

Looks like the Walnut is sold, and the Mahogany is still pending.

Edited by M_A_T_T

I would think there are lots. I live in BC, with three windsor plywoods withing driving distance.

There's a place on the island called West Wind Hardwoods. You could check them out, I think they're in Sydney. I've only ever had bad experiences with them, though.

I think Mahogany is around $13 BF at Windsor. If your blank is 2" x 14" x 22" it would be $56.

• 2 weeks later...

Mahogany and Walnut officially sold. Karimaruthu acoustic set no longer available.

Thanks.

:D