Entry for July 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmrentis

Food Saver

Hey guys I was just curious to see if any of you have a Food saver vacuum sealer? I have owned one now for about 5 or 6 years and still use it constantly. It is one of the older models so I don't have some of the cool features the new ones have, but it still came with a plastic container for coffee or fruit or anything else that will fit. The container uses a plastic hose to vacuum out the air, then to release it there is a little valve button. It's very handy for keeping your ground coffee fesh.

I eat a lot of chicken, steak, ground beef, and fish. And this thing keeps it all fresh for a very long period of time. It allows me to buy in bulk to save money and still have fresh food like the day I bought it. I'm a fisherman so having it for fish is very important, fish can get freezer burn very quickly and just is no good. And my best friend and fishing buddy hunts a lot for upland game birds and such like quail and he loves being able to stuff a few in a bag to keep for a later day. He is the one who bought it for me, he said he couldn't believe I didn't have one considering how much I fished and how much I ate fish.

So I just wanted to see how many of you own one. If you don't I would suggest buying one, they are great for keeping any kind of food fresh, and even to keep other things dry like socks and matches for when your camping. And it will save you money if you are buying in bulk for a family or for yourself even, also your food will be so much fresher. One thing though is you will have to buy bags for it, but they aren't that expensive and are now commonly found at many stores like Target and Walmart and many others I'm sure. They come in all different sizes.

Here's a pic of some ground beef and chicken breasts I did today. I've gotten so much use out of this thing, and it is still in great shape. So let me know if anyone has one and what you think of them. If you don't own one, would you consider it? Later guys. Jason

ebay288.jpg

Food saverFood saver also

Jason, you must be very very bored. <laff> I can't criticize, though, because here I am responding. :D

I have to admit, though-- I always wanted one of these and just never got one.

Jason, you must be very very bored. <laff>

Yeah, pretty much. I had some trouble recently with my project and I'm waiting to see if it will turn out ok, so I have nothing to work on at the moment, except maybe finishing up putting together my neckpocket routing table.

But you should buy one. It seriously makes the food taste so much better, it never tastes old or stale. Cool product.

Also I wanted to start a thread that was an easy going topic, in light of recent issues. :D

Later guys. Jason :D

The one I have I don't think is wide enough, there might be wider models though and I think it's possible to do that. Maybe I'll screw around with a small piece and see if I can get it to laminate it. They sell the bags in rolls and you seal one end put in your product and then vacuum and seal the other end. Which gives you tha ability to use any length you want. But to get the width you will have to look for a wider model. I'll look to see if there are any later. What other uses for guitars could thing do? If I find that it would work for a laminating a veneer, I will probably buy a wider one, if they exist, when mine eventually goes out, or I might just sell it because I don't think this thing will die. Thanks for the idea! Jason