Project Guitar Of The Month For August

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA I get The First Vote B)

Man This One Was really Hard But Im A sucker for GREEN :D

But Great work All around Guy's!! This Mounth Was Nut's

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Hey guys, I would have just edited this into my entry post, however the edit function has been disabled! :D

So heres my update, hopefully youz don't mind.

I wired up an amber LED under the pickguard which sprays a 'halo of light' around the pickup. A pure gimmick, but it does look sexy as. This horrible picture does not do it justice! http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/neocon58/P1030654.jpg

If the mods want the edit this into my post, they can feel free. Their choice.

Andrew :D

So heres my update, hopefully youz don't mind.

I wired up an amber LED under the pickguard which sprays a 'halo of light' around the pickup. A pure gimmick, but it does look sexy as. This horrible picture does not do it justice! http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/neocon58/P1030654.jpg

Thats cool! It might just be the pic but I think I would like a blue led. But it's your guitar and so far it's great, I would keep doing what your doing. I see that you have a number of votes already. Nice! You did a nice job, especially for your first try, it doesn't look like your first, it looks like you've built quite a few and thats why I voted for it. I must say though, Perrys guitar is more my style, if I had to buy one. I liked all of the entries though. I also really liked Maidens. It really had a great color scheme and I liked the top a lot, oh and the black neck was cool too. Stews build was great, very cool theme and features. And a few were nice and simple looking, which I always like and is sort of what I'm heading toward on my own project, although I will be finishing it with color. And thegarehanman guitar was very cool, I like how he puts a lot of cool details in his work, it really can make the guitar. I wish he had more and better pics though, because I don't think the pics he has do it justice. I think his current project will be amazing, it seems to be turning out great so far.

I like them all, and I hope I will be able to contend with you guys soon. I really like seeing all these projects every month, it's very inspiring. Well I wish everyone good luck with their guitars and future guitars. Later. Jason

Don't feel unworthy. They had to start just like you and theirs might not have been that good. But yes their work is amazing. I think it's so cool to have a place with so many great guitar builders, where they can share and help others. This is truly a great place. Later. Jason

The Stew Craft... not even a doubt in my mind. In fact, I've been waiting all month to vote for this one. Exquisite guitar, exquisite aesthetics--right down to the logo.

But I'd like to thank 82Deanz for inspiring me on my own tele mod.

Hey, neocon, your guitar looks great-- can't wait to see your next project!

Hey, neocon, your guitar looks great-- can't wait to see your next project!

Thanks mate, unfourtunately due to time and money restrictions, my next guitar project won't be underway until next year. I can negotiate with my music teacher, so I'll be doing it as a school project. I'm thinking of making my own body, buying a 24 fret neck, and finishing the body with a rich red varnish. But meh, thats ages away yet. I basically want to make as many good guitars as I can before I have to pay for things like cars, rent, bills etc. :D

I suck!! I couldn't decide so I finally just hit "null vote" and voted for all/none of them :D Too many good choices to pick from this time but it was down to Stew and Maiden in the end. I love me an old Chris Craft (and I miss mine) and that top on Maiden's looks like you can jump right into it and take a swim.

Perry took the cake, and if I could throw another vote out it would definitly be for Maiden's.

-Jamie

Good thing I never anticipated winning this month. I haven't been here for more than two months though so I'm not entirely familiar with how this works, but if a kit guitar wins, is there also another winner picked for the built from scratch category? I didn't know if it is all fair game or what. This isn't meant as a stab at neocon58(I really like that led under the pickguard by the way); it's merely a curiosity question. I'm just trying to get acclimated.

if a kit guitar wins, is there also another winner picked for the built from scratch category?

Nah, a project guitar is a project guitar.

On the other hand, from scratch builds generally get more credit from voters than mods or kit finishes. And on the other end of the spectrum, the pros tend to get a hard time too.

So it all works out in the end