Project Guitar Of The Month For August

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Tony J Malmsteen's pics load for anyone???? I reloaded the page 5 times and never saw a pic in his post

Yes, they loaded for me, even on my ancient dialup, tho I had to wait about 10 minutes for everything to finish.

Man, this was a tough month. I really liked Stew's ax but in the end I went for Tony's guitar, its so simple and that really did it for me.

What a month but for me Stew's work shows not just quality but a rare imagination and playfulness that I really admire...tough month, and a very close vote it seems (very much split)...but Stew's does it for me...keep 'em coming...psw

I love that green quilt top. I'll bet it looks better in person than the pics can show. That's one that you polish up, set on a stand, and just admire for hours.

I like the simplicity of the Malmsteen axe. Is that an oiled finish?

In my mind, it's hard to compete with someone who can do set necks. Nice metallic finish and love the star inlays.

And dude (neocon58), don't be so hard on yourself. It took me 3 years to get to this level. My first project was a kit. It's all what you do with it. The light is an above-average approach that kicks.

Nice job to everyone. :D

Good thing I never anticipated winning this month. I haven't been here for more than two months though so I'm not entirely familiar with how this works, but if a kit guitar wins, is there also another winner picked for the built from scratch category? I didn't know if it is all fair game or what. This isn't meant as a stab at neocon58(I really like that led under the pickguard by the way); it's merely a curiosity question. I'm just trying to get acclimated.

don't worry dude, I know what you mean. :D

Stew, thanks for your kind words.

Man, the more I see that green baby and the stew craft, the more tempted I am to make another guitar. I guess thats what it's all about, sharing your ideas, masterpieces, fortunes and misfourtunes with eacother.

All the guitars look 'fully sik m8' (apparently, that means they all kick ass B) ).

I'm digging that LP as well :D

oooooooooo tough month, I like the simplicity, Malsteens. But I like Stew's. But I like Perry's (except for the colour, but what can you do). The back of thegarehanman's headstock is gorgous. Hell they're all top notch so Stew gets it because of the light (and because I like boats :D )

Well done to all entries, you can all be proud.

What a great month! This is the first time I've ever been "judgemental" about anyone's work. But I was in last month's gotm so I abstained from commenting on that batch. In order:

Maiden69: Fantastic guitar all the way around. Pre-made neck, but with enough custom work to it to take ownership in the whole guitar.

Jabi: Interesting idea for the back end, both with the trem recess and the bottom curve, but overall a hodgepodge of incoherency. The design doesn't flow for me. But the workmanship looks good.

82DeanZ: Great guitar aside from some general misalignments. I think I'd prefer a black middle single, but maybe in the pics it's contrasting too much. Maybe in person it looks better. The neck is gorgeous.

Stew: Can't pay you enough compliments. (other than my vote) That's rattle can?! It looks like a thick marine/spar finish. Design and implementation is flawless. And way back when I first glanced at it here, I didn't like it. Before I digested the concept I dismissed it as a typical multilam. Boy was I ever wrong.

The garehanman: Beautiful work, and a close 2nd.

neocon58: Looks great for a first, and the paint looks great too.

Perry: You're at a different level. Your guitars aren't an "of the month" but rather an "of the career" :D You'll always make 100% quality items. This one didn't have anything out of the ordinary.

Malmsteen: Nice looking guitar, very clean looking. Some of your fret slots are off, and some are angled. But the scallops look real good and the rest of the work is clean.

I guess I put a heavy element on design for gotm.

Perry: You're at a different level. Your guitars aren't an "of the month" but rather an "of the career" :D You'll always make 100% quality items. This one didn't have anything out of the ordinary.

It had his picture in it --makes him 'seem' human to me, not like just another guitar-building demi-god... :D

IMHO... getting on soapbox, rarely ever do this, but...

nothing against perry work, but come on guys...

Go take a look at a vintage runabout boat, something called a chris-craft, again I am sucker for old wooden boats specially those made close to home here, CC was based in St Joe MI... tons of them floatin round here. Then look at stews he nailed it. The whole concept is the coolest thing. I am not so sure you kids have seen a real chris-craft.

take a look here:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/imag...40&fr=ush1-mail

getting off soap box.

IMHO... getting on soapbox, rarely ever do this, but...

Then look at stews he nailed it.  The whole concept is the coolest thing.  I am not so sure you kids have seen a real chris-craft.

I didn't need to see the boat ---to me, that guitar stands on its own. Just a cool looking guitar.

Of course, it's even cooler to know it's a hommage to the bygone days...

This might have been the toughest month since I have been a member here. I love plain and simple guitars........but Stew got my vote. My love of those old boats goes way back. Everyone this month deserves praise.

George

MAN!

Another tough vote.

I admit that for the builders who make a living out of it, I EXPECT to have my jaw drop or they just don't get my vote.

Well... Perry's made my jaw drop. :D

I sooo wish I could play these guitars!

I officially volunteer myself to be the official PG 'taste tester'! :D