Its Raining Out So...

stolb3rg

I ran a search for loads of stuff (I know "Stuff" is a very generic describing word) and I couldnt find what I was lookin for... Obviously..

I want to modify in some way a guitars electronics but I have nothing special... I have a few random capacitors and whatever is in the little electronic gadgets around the house.

Is there Anything I could to to a 2 Hums 1 vol&tone and a 3 way toggle circuit for anything? My mind is open! :D

Porbably not what you want to hear, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it - practice your melodic minor scales until the rain stops.  :D

Not always true, LK...granted, in most cases, yes, but still...

I tend to get bored often, and when I take the strings off my strat to clean and polish the fretboard, I always find myself taking off the pickgaurd and playing around. Turns out better everytime.

[/threadjack]

As for the question, there are tons of different things you could do, but nothing substansial. Re-wiring, modifying, or just playing around with guitar electronics requires a rather large amount of different pieces and parts. You could make some strange volume/tone control, but that's about it. Nothing that would do much to anything. For example, on one of my strats, I wired the volume knob backwards 'cause I felt like it. Now, when I turn it "up," I get less sound, and vice versa.

If you're 100% bent on playing around with your guitar, be careful. I'd say start by just opening her up, then drawing everything out and making sure you can put it back EXACTLY like that in case you screw something up. Also, don't do anything without researching it.

Most of all, let us know if/what you do. We will most likely be able to give you some hints towards either a better or just plain different way of doing the same thing, or a way to add on to whatever it is you've created. Be patient, and don't do anything without knowing what it's going to do before-hand.