Nice Rings

jmrentis

Great Pickup Rings

Oh man, I just ran across these rings and thought they looked great. I figured if anyone wanted a set of matching rings you could try this guy. He only had a few types but some are popular like flamed maple, black limba, koa. Honestly I couldn't get over how nice the cocobolo ones looked. I will be using a cocobolo fretboard soon and they would have matched perfectly, but I think it will be too much with the figured top I have, so for now I will not worry about it. Check it out, pretty cool in my opinion. Later. Jason

Right now, cocobolo is one of my favorite woods, I have yet to work with it, so I don't know how it works, but for the looks I could care less. I hope to god I'm not allergic to it, because I plan on using quite a bit of it in the future. I should be getting a very nice cocobolo fretboard and headstock veneer very soon, I'll post pics when I get them. I really feel it's under used in luthiery, the colors that a single piece can hold is amazing especially when you get a bit of sapwood, seriously wow!

I say bust out that semihollow. Your work is top notch and if you used some cocobolo I'd end up selling my liver and buying it off you! Go check out some more pics of cocobolo at gilmer and other places, I think that will make up your mind, especially if you can bookmatch a piece with some sapwood in the middle. I think I will do an accoustic with it. I was thinking of doing cocobolo back and sides, with a figured koa top. I'm not sure how it will come out, but that would be just beautiful to me. I guess I'm mumbling again so later. Jason

I used Coco-Bolo for about 7 years and I'm done with it, I won't use it for anything anymore, but I could understand using it for fretboards, no problem there, but there are many many problems with using it that make it harder to use than other woods (I'm not sensitive to it at all either) that just make it a PITA AFAIC.

cocobolo is very oily some people have problem gluing it.

Guilford been on ebay for a long time. You wanna see some huge priced auctions? his stuff looks top notch.

Someone mentioned, I THINK, he used to be an ibanez builder... I think.

I have sent him a few emails nice guy.