I'm getting my Taylor back finally! They called me yesterday and told me it was fixed and I should get it from UPS next week. I bought it January 1, played it maybe 10 times and then noticed a crack in the neck up by the headstock. They said it was from being in the case standing up and the case fell over, giving the head "whiplash". Funny, because I would never stand my case upright, and I treated it like a baby.

Anyway....I can't wait to get it back! It's going to make life a lot easier to have a nice acoustic for shows.

Now you'll have to get used to playing it all over :D

I know, that sucks. I don't have much time to do it either. I've got one or two acoustic shows every week in August, a wedding at the end of August, and full band shows in September. Practice, practice, practice!

The Whiplash thing sounded fishy to me too. Especially when they said "Since they're small cracks we won't charge you for the repairs, just shipping." Hmmmm.....maybe because IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! And maybe because YOU NEED TO DESIGN YOUR CASES BETTER! B)

So, I want to change the name of this Topic from Yay! to Boo!

I got my Taylor back today...They fixed the crack, but you can still see it. That pisses me off.

Also, when they shipped it they didn't pack it like I was told to pack it to send to them. In fact there was NO PACKING WHATSOEVER. There was just a panel at the top of the case and the bottom of the case inside the box. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PACKING JOB IS THAT FOR A $1500 GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To top it all off, they didn't remove the battery from the electronics. So, when I removed the guitar from the case the battery was BOUNCING AROUND INSIDE MY GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't noticed I am slightly pissed off by these things. But what do I do about it? :D

Buy a Tacoma because they kick ass. I got mine about a year or so ago and love it more and more each day. Mine is the DM9 and I paid about $550 for it. Solid Mahogany back and sides with a solid spruce top. I think it's one of the best Acoustic values going. One of the guys I work with is a big acoustic guy and has a couple Taylors and a Collings. He said mine had amazing tone. I have no affiliation with Tacoma, I just think they make great guitars.

Ouch, sorry to hear about your bad experience with Taylor. I'm a bit surprised that they did such a crummy job actually. They have such a good reputation too.

Hmm.

I have to agree with the need for a better case. Maybe you should consider getting a better case for it. Or better yet, can a good guitar case be built as a project.

Common Brian, Simon, and Kevan! The Fab 3 need to have a case building tutorial now! B):D