Guitar Paint Job Finally Finished

Goratory guitar

This guitar is finally painted. The link is to Goratory's forum, the pics are posted there for now, gonna have some more pics on my site soon. I built the guitar and did the carvings, Alan Glassman of a death metal band called Goratory, the guy in the pics, owns the guitar, his brother did the airbrushing, looks killer.

Edited by Ragasguitars

It's beautiful.

But I have a question.

The paint pretty much covers up the buckeye burl (unless I'm mistaken), but I'm guessing since you didn't paint it, you had no control over it once you were done your part.

Sooo, did you use the buckeye burl because it's so soft and easy to carve, or did you think it would be left natural...

If you had it to do over, would you have picked another wood if you knew the paint would pretty much cover the wood up?

Or can you still see a lot of the buckeye...it's sort of hard to tell from the pics really.

But very very cool, my congrats on your design and followthru.

IT ABOUT DAM TIME :D Man You Know How I Feel About this Guitar

\m/ That's Some GOOD SH!T \m/

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Drak, I didn't know all the buckeye would be painted over. On the back the tribal design is actually the only place the buckeye shows through. I don't even think Alan Glassman knew or his brother knew what the paint job was going to be like in the end. Originally the buckeye was just going to have some accent paint in spots but the theme ended up taking on a new form. I would have just used the all mahogany body, but I like working with buckeye and I want to use it again. I had no control over the paint, I was given the design, built and carved it and used the wood and materials he wanted. He picked the buckeye, but he gave full control of the paint job to his brother.

Are you kidding? Giger would adopt Ragas as his very own in a nanosecond.

But the paint guy also was in on the plan, because it all comes together quite beautifully (in a futuristic heavy metal way of course) everyone did their part quite well. :D:DB)