Check out the replica!

BeAR

Brian:

Where was this guy's site when I was doing MY 62 Strat relic????? B):D:D

As soon as I get the time, I will be posting my relic & the tutorial on how I did the hardware aging.....a bit differant & I think more authentic looking

This is an awesome job as well!!

Before I go through the effort, let me know if there is any interest out there in the forum

Dave K

There is always somebody looking to see what they can do and believe me the tutorials usually end up inspiring people to do more than they would have if they didn't see them.

I know I'm going to ask that guy for permission to link to his site soon so it can go up on the build page section of the site.

DaveK I would love to see your tutorial, if you need any help getting it on the web give me an e-mail and we can sort out how to get it up for all to see :D

Brian:

Where was this guy's site when I was doing MY 62 Strat relic????? :DB):D

As soon as I get the time, I will be posting my relic & the tutorial on how I did the hardware aging.....a bit differant & I think more authentic looking

This is an awesome job as well!!

Before I go through the effort, let me know if there is any interest out there in the forum

Dave K

I'm actually a little more interested in how he got the aged look on the finger board. Seems like that section was pretty brief. I'd love to make mine look like that.

I've heard of people using one of the round stone shaping bit's on a dremel to get the finger gouges in the wood then adding dye or oil to deepen the color.

Others have simply used a pencil eraser as a tool with sand paper wrapped around it, which sounds more controled to me but also more work.

The biggest problem is getting the pattern correct. If you noticed in the picture on page 2 the 7th and 10th fret almost look as though he messed up and made it look as though the neck had more than 6 strings wearing into the board.