Guitar Of The Month For October

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 22nd of September then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

for a friend:

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

Yes another tele may try something different when I am in the new shop will have more room.

Standard tele setup cept for drop top.

Used that special red dye I talked about a couple months ago. Special only for the fact that I have never heard anyone here talk about it. I love the way it hit the basswood back but the top it did not go across evenly. I think that more towards the wood than anything else.

Standard mightymight neck, I order these and re-level the frets, if you order enough of them you can find some really nice ones. The trick is to let them sit for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

What the heck.

Here's the "Odd Boy", a collection of all those little bits and pieces that have been in my junk box for years, plus lots of stuff from $1 auctions from eBay, scrap wood left over from previous guitar builds.

Total cost $150.

DSCN1764.jpg

Notice the Tele "top hat" on the Gibson toggle. Scratch plate cut, sanded, and scraped from a '72 Tele Delux model. Pickups are pulls from 2 different guitars. Screws from Ace hardware.

DSCN1766.jpg

Body from 4 boards of 8x1 poplar. Wraparound badass bridge 20 bucks (my big expense). Output jack and chrome knob, switches, all junk box finds.

DSCN1778.jpg

No dots, mandolin frets, Pau Ferro over Maple, 25 1/8" scale, 10" radius.

DSCN1768.jpg

My first attempt at a better access neck join. 99 cent ebay auction here for the hardware.

DSCN1774.jpg

And that LOVELY PATENT PENDING headstock. Two ebay auctions to get a working set of 6 tuners. Free roller nut from an earlier trade, leftover pickguard material for truss cover, etc...

DSCN1769.jpg

Here's a recent completed piece. Buckeye top, mahogany body, and some custom carved brass parts. Inlays are MOP. Schaller tuners, and a Gotoh bridge.

Joes%20top%201.jpg

Joes%20body%201.jpg

headstock.jpg

top%20corner.jpg

Pickups are DiMarzio. Air Norton neck, and Tone Zone bridge.

Thanks for looking...

-Doug

Here it is! The Zipper Cherry!

This is the fifth guitar that I have desinged and built. My guitars has been under the name Zipper since I was 12 years old. And they all are handmade in Finland! The woods in the body are two-piece finnish birch back and two-piece finnish tervaleppä top. The cavity covers in the back are made of appletree. The neck is taken from an old strato-copy called Sledgehammer, but restaured complitely. Trem and tuners are also taken from the Sledgehammer but modified a little. Pickups are Dimarzios PAF pro/red velvet/blue velvet.

17.jpg

15.jpg

5.jpg

The crank mounting is missing a screw if you wondered.

9.jpg

loimua.jpg

Edited by jazzclub